Update problem

• Been getting the following message the last few days

Code
    W: Failed to fetch http://packages.omv-plugins.org/dists/fedaykin/main/binary-amd64/Packages.gz  401  Authorization Required

When I go to the url, says I need to log in. Is this something new?

BTW - I'm running 0.4.38 Fedaykin

• Offizieller Beitrag

I guess it has been taken down. I recommend upgrading anyway.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.6 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Hello,

Seems i have the same problem...
    when i try to go to "http://packages.omv-plugins.org", the website also asks login and password...

As i remember, a few weeks ago, i didn't had this problem...

Already thanks!

• The domain will no longer be available from the end of the year. You should upgrade to 1.0 because of maintenance support and Debian updates.

Ok. Was resisting upgrading - everything has been running smoothly for over a year now - but perhaps its time to bite the bullet. Is there a How-to on upgading from 0.4 to 1.0? I've got a number of plugins and Sickbeard and Sabnzbd setup. I'd hate to have to go through a fresh install.

• There is no direct way in upgrading from 0.4 to 1.0. You have two options.

I´d prefer the second option as soon as 1.0 gets released.

• Do a clean Install of 1.0. You will keep your data and only have to recreate/reconfigure your shares, users, services and plugins.

This is the route I will likely go. Forgot to mention in my OP that I have a 6TB Raid10 setup across 6 disks. So I won't lose my data and have to recreate this Raid with a fresh install? That would be my biggest fear. While I have my data backed up, it takes so long to move that amount of data, and the family use this machine daily for their media.

Also, in the meantime, is there a way to stop the daily notifications about the update problem (short of turning off all notifications?)

• Just detach all your raid disks while you install to prevent accidental data loss. Reattach after installation.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!