openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

News

• New

Hey guys,

After successfully setting up my Raspberry Pi 4B with OMV 4 I cant get my external HDD to spindown with Advanced Power Management..
    I'vre tried different setting on the OMV GUI, with different combinations
    I followed the guide for hd-idle (libe.net/omv-hd-idle) it still does not work.
    Most topics reguarding the topic on this forum are not related to USB drives, if I'm not wrong.

Is there a known issue with USB drives? How do I setup spindown correctly?
    The external drive is a seagate expansion portable 4tb

I'm a little worried about running the drive 24/7
  • New

Ok so just recently joined and looking for some help and will appreciate any advice. I recently bought a Raspberry Pi4 4gb and want to set it up with Open Media Vault and want redundancy. I want to hook up a 5 bay DAS to it and was wondering should I go for a DAS with Raid 5 integrated into it or should I go with a cheaper option without Raid 5 integrated and use software based Raid 5 in OMV? I also possibly somewhere down the line would like to attach another DAS in a Raid 1 configuration to use as backup for more important things that I could keep locally instead of relying on cloud based services. The Raid 5 drives would be 3 x 3TB and 2 x 4TB. The Raid 1 drives would be 2 x 2TB but would be older then the other drives but not bought/used the same amount so hopefully both wouldn't fail at the same time. Thanks for any info :)
  • New

Hello :)

I have an Odroid HC2. I'm looking for a power supply for it. I was thinking to buy a switching stabilized power supply, like the ones used for video surveillance. As per my Nas to be turned on a lot of hours I don't want some enclosed power supply to over heat.

You think this is a good solution?

For Odroid HC2 and a Seagate Ironwolf 4TB (I was looking for this hard drive) I think a 12V 5 A should be good right?

Thanks in advance!
  • New

OMV noobie here and would appreciate any help. Been watching lots of @TechnoDadLife videos which are extremely helpful. Thanks so much for those.

I've got Sonarr and Transmission with VPN setup. For my system, I've got a remote mount to a NAS. I can post a file to NAS using the OMV machine via SSH with the same user that is accessing Sonarr and Transmission. Sonarr can see the files already on the NAS remote mount and I can get it to initiate a download of missing episodes. Transmission starts the download just fine and completes is. However, once the download is complete, I get the following error (**** replaces actual file name):

[Warn] ImportApprovedEpisodes: Couldn't import episode /data/completed/****/****.mkv

[v2.0.0.5338] System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path "/data/completed/****/****.mkv" or "/TV/****.partial~" is denied

Below is my Volumes and Binds mount section. Not sure if it's relevant, but only "/config" automatically appeared when I started…

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

​who can help me to run this image correctly?

nicovon

2,5" USB Drive Spindown not working

Adoby

Raspberry Pi4 4gb Raid 5 questions

Adoby

system log of the day before

nicovon

QNAP QNA-UC5G1T USB 3 network adapter

subzero79

Recent Activities

• nicovon -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x ​who can help me to run this image correctly?.

Quote from ryecoaaron: “That pic doesn't show the container running. That just creates the container. The status should be in the grid at the bottom of the plugin. Did you start the container in the bottom grid? ” then this button: imgur.com/wDVA16Q
  • Adoby -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x 2,5" USB Drive Spindown not working.

The USB enclosure should handle the spindown. But only if you actually stop reading/writing to the drive. Do you have anything that use the drive, causing it to not spin down? But not all USB enclosures were created equal. Check the documentation for…
  • Adoby -

Liked geaves’s post in the thread Raspberry Pi4 4gb Raid 5 questions.

Like (Post)
    Quote from Scorpion3d: “The Raid 5 drives would be 3 x 3TB and 2 x 4TB. ” By that comment alone I would surmise you probably have not used a Raid set up before :) The external unit you referenced are designed for Windows whilst they have a dip switch on…
  • Adoby -

Liked WastlJ’s post in the thread Raspberry Pi4 4gb Raid 5 questions.

Like (Post)
    First things first: Raid is no backup. So, do you really need the high availibility of a RAID? I´d never do a Raid setup again. I´ve had so many problems (degraded Raids, missing volumes etc...) Just search the Forum. I know, many people say "cloud…
  • Adoby -

Replied to the thread Raspberry Pi4 4gb Raid 5 questions.

Reconsider why you think that you need RAID. I suspect that you don't need RAID. If you get a RAID5 DAS, I think that you should have identical drives. Otherwise you may waste the extra storage on any drive bigger than the smallest drive. Also, if the…
  • apveening -

Liked geaves’s post in the thread Raspberry Pi4 4gb Raid 5 questions.

Like (Post)
    Quote from Scorpion3d: “The Raid 5 drives would be 3 x 3TB and 2 x 4TB. ” By that comment alone I would surmise you probably have not used a Raid set up before :) The external unit you referenced are designed for Windows whilst they have a dip switch on…
  • nicovon -

Liked macom’s post in the thread OMV 4.x prevent non-admin users from logging in.

Like (Post)
    Try following: In the GUI of OMV Access Right Management >> User >> Edit Enable "Modify Account" Disallow the user to modify his account
  • nicovon -

Liked votdev’s post in the thread OMV 4.x system log of the day before.

Like (Post)
    You have to use the CLI because logrotate has compressed it already.
  • nicovon -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x system log of the day before.

Quote from votdev: “You have to use the CLI because logrotate has compressed it already. ” do I have to use a command to set logrotate or can I read the log files entirely?
  • geaves -

Replied to the thread Raspberry Pi4 4gb Raid 5 questions.