openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

News

• New

Good morning everyone,

I'm pretty new to the whole Raspberry Pi scene, but I have understood enough to get OMV running and all that. I've been using a Seagate 250GB external USB hard drive and it has worked as intended for the last few weeks. Recently, I've noticed that the white LED on my HDD is blinking, indicating some kind of issue. I've gone into the "disks" section of OMV and scanned for devices, and it's just not able to pick this up. I feel like the drive isn't even in a state where it would be able to be picked up if there is a blinking indicator on the drive. I also have a flash drive that I've used with OMV and after connecting that again, the connection was made just fine and it was detected by OMV. Anyone run into this issue before and know what the resolution might be? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Also, I'm relatively new to Linux, but this has been a great learning experience. That being said, please keep the comments friendly. :)
  • New

Hi all,

Coming from a Synology NAS, there is one thing I still haven't found a replacement for: their web based File Manager called "File Station".
    [Blocked Image: https://www.synology.com/img/dsm/file_sharing/screen.png]

I am going to use NextCloud for general usage and sharing, but it's not so focused on file management tasks like "File Station" or a real file manager is.

As an example, Nextcloud by default doesn't extract archives, and even with the plugin enabled its support is somewhat flaky.

Do you have any suggestions or tackle the issue in a different way? I got used to a such powerful tool In a web browser!
  • New

Hallo Forum ich bin neu hier, habe mir viele Videos zu dem Thema angeschaut, aber leider kann ich nicht viel Englisch, ich versuche seit Stunden OMV auf einen Raspberry pi 4 zu installieren, aber ich finde die Software so wie das im Video beschrieben ist nicht. Ist es überhaupt noch möglich es zu installieren auf einem Raspberry?
    Ich würde mich riesig freuen wenn ihr mir helfen könnt, falls es geht schritt für schritt.
    LG
    Mike

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

OMV auf einem Raspberry Pi 4

henfri

Letsencrypt plugin to Letsencrypt docker

draddy

Web Based File Manager?

thedarkness

Shared Folders: the "Reset Permissions" Tab is not available anymore

cryptopher