Problem with transmissor "Error: Permission denied" and service rebooting

• Hi,

I would like to ask if someone faced this issue on OMV4x (saw it on post on previous versions).

I am having this recursive permission denied ones the downloaded file is bigger than the configured cache size, and as well it looks like the services have some conflict because i use to receive the server not reachable (just on this service) and need to restart the service from the CLI. After some time the service on the "running" indicator appear as red on the "services" tab.

I am not an expert on linux, but I had work with it some years and managed local linux server at home.

I have tried the following workaround and i did not get this to work:

* Make the root user to start the demon -> did not work
    * Chmod -R 777 on the torrent directory -> did not work
    * Make "debian-transmission" user the owner of the torrent folder -> did not work
    * Tried uninstalling and installing over again the Transmission add-on -> did not work
    * Tried using Docker -> did not work the linux building step...
    * apt-get update -> did not change anything

My next step will be to completely erase transmission from OMV and try to make it work from the Debian core, but i am not sure if OMV startup will not mess with the demon.

Sorry if there are some weird sentence, English is not my first leng.

OMV version: 4.1.23.1
    Transmission version: 4.0

Thanks

AC.

• :?: most on here will use docker @TechnoDadLife videos here and here

Hi,

I followed the guide from that guy, but the Dockers smashed when i was trying to download the Linux/Transmissor image to start from there.

The annoying thing is that i had it working on the OMV3.x but was not able to WOL due to compatibility issues, and moved to another board and OMV4.x, but I am facing that issue.

AC

• I think so, I am using the AMD64 & Intel ISO version and i am running on the following system

Processor: Intel Atom D525 (x64 family)
    Ram: 4Gb
    OS Disks: 250Gb
    Storage Disk: 5TB

I dont know, i have faced issues on more than 2 add-ons...

Some Clue?

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!