[ITX] My personal NAS killer

• 16gb stick will be enough as long as you make sure that only OS lives on it.

And the speed will be the same since almost everything is run on memory.

Only boot time will be longer than on SSD.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Backup with Mac, Linux, or Windows: https://thepi.io/how-to-back-up-your-raspberry-pi/

This is not just for SBC’s with SD cards. USB sticks work exactly the same.

OMV also has a Backup plugin that does a live backup. What ever you do you need to test your backup setup to make sure it really works FOR YOU. The best backup is the one you know works.

System Backup Typo alert: Under the Linux section the command should be sudo umount /dev/sda1 NOT sudo unmount /dev/sda1

Backup Data Disk to Backup Disk on Same Machine: In a Scheduled Job:rsync -av --delete /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-f8814ed9-9a5c-4e1c-8830-426968c20ea3/ /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-e67439d5-00a3-4942-bd5f-b84ab86aa850/ Don't forget trailing slashes, and BE CAREFUL. (HT: Getting Started with OMV5)

Equipment - Thinkserver TS140, NanoPi M4 (v.1), Odroid XU4 (Using DietPi): PiHole

• I was planning to install Debian on an SSD, but now I see that it wouldn't be bad to install it on a smaller (32GB) USB flash drive, and use the SSD for data. I have two USB 3.2 ports on the back of the motherboard, and I have USB 3.1 USB memory, so I'm wondering if that's ok and can I expect speeds like on an SSD?

Flash drives will never be fast like an SSD - unless you actually buy an USB thumb drive with a SSD M2 stick in it. I use a cheap Sandisk as you can see from my signature, but you don't have to worry too much about performance.

I would stick with a 32GB drive, not because you need the space, but because they're a bit faster than their smaller versions.

My build boots in about a minute (when the buzzer sound comes up) and after that the OS is loaded in RAM, so the drive is barely used, especially with the flashmemory plugin.

I have made a very similar build to a friend of mine, but he partitioned his (cheap) NVMe for boot and data. It boots is about 20 seconds.

Yes, it's faster, but only boot and OS updates will be.

The rest is exactly the same. Especially if you run your dockers, apps, DB from an SSD. install Docker there as well, not on the boot drive.

OMV BUILD - MY NAS KILLER - OMV 6.x + omvextrasorg (updated automatically every week)

NAS Specs: Core i3-8300 - ASRock H370M-ITX/ac - 16GB RAM - Sandisk Ultra Flair 32GB (OMV), 256GB NVME SSD (Docker Apps), 2x16TB HDDs w/ SnapRAID - Fractal Design Node 304 - Be quiet! Pure Power 11 350W

My all-in-one SnapRAID script!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!