Delete shared Folders

• :thumbup:

After you use OMV longer you will get better at undoing things so shared folders can be deleted.

I do not understand why is not enought to disable service, and same for other pluggings , if you do not use (enable) such service, why shared folder must be active?

• Because sometimes you want to turn a service off but don't want to loose your settings. I turn off (disable) FTP all the time but I don't want it to undo my shared folder. To make it not used, so it could be deleted, by the service the share would have to be removed.

• I already said that here :/

Just disabling and stopping does not mean there are no shares inside your services. You have to manually delete them from your services! For plex for example, you have to click the dropdown and use "NONE" or another folder or delete thew hole plugin (you will loose your plex database!)

Shares could be besides SMB in FTP, NFS, PLEX, TFTP RSYNC...

And hopefully Volker will implement the "global communication" feature... http://bugtracker.openmediavault.org/view.php?id=1033 With this feature, it will be easy to get a popup message with EXACTLY you cannot delete it.

• Or something like omv-showkey but for a shared folder would be nice.

You see how easy it is once you can see the shared folder in the xml.

e.g.
    omv-showfolder Documents

But yeah, anything in the web gui that makes it ez for newbs.

• I continue here to ask another question which is related to my old solved issue.

Or better which is related with my move from SMB/CIFS to NFS.

I managed my old shares with different permissions per users. Now I use nfs and just have read-only or read&write shares. The problem which occurs now is that when I access my shares via nfs (which where former managed by samba) is that I don't have access on some folders and files.

I guess I need to go in OMV to shared folders and run the 'ACL'. Here I can reset permissions somehow. But who get's permissions here, I have no rights management on user-level?

I heard that there is a change to loose access to your files while playing with smb/cfs/nfs and even if you try to access them offline? That's why I'm asking. Is it also save to delete my users (as I don't need them any more)

Mercî 8)

:thumbup: Heads up! You’re editing your own user account, careless changes might lock you out! :whistling:
    _____________________________________________________________________________

:) :( ;) :P ^^ :D ;( X( :* :| 8o =O || :/ :S X/ 8) :huh: :rolleyes: 8| :thumbdown: :thumbup: :thumbup: :sleeping: :whistling:
    _____________________________________________________________________________

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von username ()

• Offizieller Beitrag

I added a utility called omv-showsharedfolder (use with omv-showsharedfolder test) to omv-extras 1.31. There is also a tab in Shared Folders called Shared Folder In Use that will show you the info for each shared folder.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.6 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!