MediaInfo Update

• Hi everyone,

I have been having a problem with Sonarr scanning some media files on my OMV and on the Sonarr forums I have been asked to try and upgrade the MediaInfo program that's currently installed on my system. I currently have MediaInfo version 0.7.58 and the newest version on the site is 0.7.77. In the Debian repo the version is the one I currently have installed.

I tried installing the package manually with

Code
    dpkg -i http://mediaarea.net/download/binary/mediainfo/0.7.77/mediainfo_0.7.77-1_amd64.Debian_7.0.deb

but it doesn't upgrade my current version.

I'm still learning and would appreciate some help in getting mediainfo updated to the most current.

Thanks!

• I did that exact thing. First thing I tried was the code I used in my first post by having the server pull the file directly from the website. Second thing I did was download the file to my root directory and ran it from there using:

Code
    dpkg -i mediainfo_0.7.77-1_amd64.Debian_7.0.deb

And this is what I got

Code
    (Reading database ... 40008 files and directories currently installed.)
    Preparing to replace mediainfo 0.7.77 (using mediainfo_0.7.77-1_amd64.Debian_7.0.deb) ...
    Unpacking replacement mediainfo ...
    Setting up mediainfo (0.7.77) ...
    Processing triggers for man-db ...

Then I typed this to check version install

Code
    mediainfo --version

Then this is what I get:

Code
    MediaInfo Command Line,
    MediaInfoLib - v0.7.58

So the update didn't work. Any other suggestions?

• This is what came up

Code
    ii linmediainfo0:amd64                                                 0.7.58-1                                                              amd64                                                             library for reading library from media files -- shared library
    ii mediainfo                                                                           0.7.77                                                                 amd64                                                             command line utility for for reading information from audio/video files

which mediainfo

Code
    /usr/bin/mediainfo

Zitat

you need to download the libmediainfo also and install it

When I download and install this, do I do it in the /usr/bin/mediainfo directory? Or install it in under the root directory?

• Package: mediainfo
    Version: 0.7.58-1

Depends: libc6 (>= 2.4), libgcc1 (>= 1:4.1.1), libmediainfo0 (>= 0.7.52), libstdc++6 (>= 4.4.0), libzen0 (>= 0.4.23)

Have you guys even looked at the depends for the newer version???

You might only need 3 of the packages from here, not the gui:
    https://mediaarea.net/nn/MediaInfo/Download/Debian

Download the 3 packages from that link. (cli and not the gui)
    Install the mediainfo and libzen0 first.
    Then install the libmediainfo0

I tested it already....

• Why don't you just ping me guys... it's not like I use media info on a daily basis and install it from deb all the time...

Sub and tekk both were right, you need to install the correct lib too.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• Upgrading MediaInfo to the latest version did correct the issue I was having with Sonarr scanning some video files and hanging in an endless loop. It might be a good idea having the newer version available via the Repo. The version that's available on the official Debian Repo is (0.7.58-1), how often does the official repo get updated?

I hope that if someone else is having issues with Sonarr hanging this thread will help them.

• I'll talk to aaron if there is a way to add it to the repos properly.

@ryecoaaron

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

• Offizieller Beitrag

0.7.76 is in Debian Unstable. Once I get a computer up and running at home, I will see if it builds on Wheezy.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.2 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4 | scripts 7.0.1

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• "Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!