Seafile Installation

• Offizieller Beitrag

Just change line 14 user=root into user=seafile

That's about it and do not forget to start it _only_ as user seafile, otherwise newly created files get the wrong permission.

Well, now it's back to not wanting to start again... and now I can't even start it manually, but the script is exactly the same (other than I changed the directory and user=)

• Do you have any error messages when starting seafile. The command should be something like this:

Code
    su - seafile
    ~/seafile-server-latest/seafile.sh start
    ~/seafile-server-latest/seahub.sh start

If you got help in the forum and want to give something back to the project click here (omv) or here (scroll down) (plugins) and write up your solution for others.

• Offizieller Beitrag
    Code
    seafile@omv-test:/home/seafile/seafile/seafile-server-latest$ ./seafile.sh start

/home/seafile/seafile/ccnet/seafile.ini not found. Now quit
    seafile@omv-test:/home/seafile/seafile/seafile-server-latest$ ./seahub.sh start

/home/seafile/seafile/ccnet/seafile.ini not found. Now quit
    seafile@omv-test:/home/seafile/seafile/seafile-server-latest$
  • You do not have a seafile-data file / link in /home/seafile nor do you have a file which contains the path to
    the data store seafile should use.

Eigther create a symlink

Code
    ln -s /media/<UID>/<some share> ~seafile/seafile-data

or
    create a file with the path to your seafile data share

Code
    echo '/media/<UID>/<some share>' > ~seafile/ccnet/seafile.ini

Make sure /media/<UID>/<some share> is writable be user seafile

If you got help in the forum and want to give something back to the project click here (omv) or here (scroll down) (plugins) and write up your solution for others.

• Hi, please find the result of:

The reboot is working fine now, but actually I can't get part 4 under control. Every time I try to activate the server I got the message an error appears. What can I do to get that one solved? I set port 8444?

• Hmm. well hold on.. now I'm getting an error uploading a folder/file..

Your seafile user most likely does not have write permission to seafile-data /media/<UID>/<some share>
    Permissions can be set using the web frontend give owener, user and group write permission

• Hi, please find the result of:

Code
    root@NAS:~# netstat -tulpen
    Aktive Internetverbindungen (Nur Server)
    Proto Recv-Q Send-Q Local Address           Foreign Address         State       User       Inode       PID/Program name
    tcp        0      0 127.0.0.1:3306          0.0.0.0:*               LISTEN      113        12408       2869/mysqld     
    tcp        0      0 0.0.0.0:8000            0.0.0.0:*               LISTEN      0          10059       4809/python2.7  
    tcp 0 0 0.0.0.0:8082 0.0.0.0:* LISTEN 0 11043 4691/seaf-server

The reboot is working fine now, but actually I can't get part 4 under control. Every time I try to activate the server I got the message an error appears. What can I do to get that one solved? I set port 8444?

Seems right to me:

• mysql is running on port 3306
    • seaf-server process is running on port 8082
    • web frontend is running on port 8000

Can you connect to seafile on port 8000 via web browser?
    if not, change fastcgi=true to fastcgi=false in /etc/init.d/seafile-server and restart (as user root)

Code
    service seafile-server restart

Lets first get this solved an then go to part 4.

These are the steps:
    - Change fastcgi=false to fastcgi=true
    - If you really want to change the port to 8444 (You have to change the port to 8444 in the nginx configuration as well!)
    - Restart seafile
    - Check if it is running on port 8444:

Code
    netstat -tulpen | grep 8444

Configure nginx and restart

I cn not help you very much with the nginx configuration as i am using a completely different setup here (seperate vm as web-proxy exposed on the internet)

• Yes I'm able to connect seafile via web browser port 8000 that work fine.
    I do have doubt around the nginx settings what port should I use then, I only see that the guide shows port 8444 what is the right port to use then? Every time I configure nginx I get the unexpected error and I don't know why.

• Yes I'm able to connect seafile via web browser port 8000 that work fine.
    I do have doubt around the nginx settings what port should I use then, I only see that the guide shows port 8444 what is the right port to use then? Every time I configure nginx I get the unexpected error and I don't know why.

OK, I see 8444 is the port you should use to access seafile with your browser as https:<OMV>:8444/

If you get an unexpected error it is the browser which is showing this?

Check the extra options for nginx. No need to change ports in seafile startup script or nginx configuration.

You might find an error log in /var/log/nginx<something> (just press tab to expand)

Code
    cat /var/log/ngin press TAB

• Offizieller Beitrag

Your seafile user most likely does not have write permission to seafile-data /media/<UID>/<some share>
    Permissions can be set using the web frontend give owener, user and group write permission

Nope, I double checked that... I'm not sure what is going on... I've obviously screwed up somewhere.. so I'm gonna start over an report back in a bit.

• The error appears in the OMV UI, when I try to Apply&Save the error shows up so I can't save the settings and activate nginx.

What abaout a screen shot detailing the error message?

• Nope, I double checked that... I'm not sure what is going on... I've obviously screwed up somewhere.. so I'm gonna start over an report back in a bit.

Code
    ls -l $(cat ~seafile/ccnet/seafile.ini)

or

Code
    ls -l ~seafile/seafile-data

If you started seafile as user root, files might have the wrong ownership, just use

Code
    chown -R seafile.seafile ~seafile

and

Code
    chown -R seafile $(cat ~seafile/ccnet/seafile.ini)

I guess you know what you are doing with these

• From memory the upload issues are caused by a seafile setting in one the configs. When your in seafile go to admin page and set the correct paths. There is some pictures in the guide. I had the same issue and somthing I did in one of the config files fixed it. I'll have a look later and see if I can jog my memory. I do remember thinking it was a file permission thing but I was mistaken.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!