Scheduled Job- can't find where it's being called from.

• Hi All,

This is probably a pretty simple one for the OMV experts here, but I can't for the life of me figure it out.

I created a scheduled job through the Web GUI, that would run a script at 3:30am on a Monday. That day came around and the script came up with some errors (I simply typed the command wrong). So I edited the job, changed the command line, and whilst I was there changed the day/time it would run (on a Tues instead).

Every Monday I get an email from the Cron daemon:

================
    /var/lib/openmediavault/cron.d/userdefined-af5f61aa-3773-43e0-a245-5b83f8442968: 4: /var/lib/openmediavault/cron.d/userdefined-af5f61aa-3773-43e0-a245-5b83f8442968: /usr/sbin/scrub: not found
    ================

In the /var/lib/openmediavault/cron.d/ folder, sure enough this "userdefined" entry doesn't exist. But I can't find where it's being called from. I've looked in various spots, including /etc/crontab not no avail.

Anyone know where it's likely being called from?

Thank you,
    Lindsay

• I would first look:

Code
    crontab -l

If successful, use

Code
    crontab -e

to edit.

But this is "just" Linux. I´m not that OMV-Crack...wait for a Pro...

HTH

--
    Get a Rose Tattoo...

HP t5740 with Expansion and USB3, Inateck Case w/ 3TB WD-Green
    OMV 5.5.23-1 Usul i386|4.19.0-9-686-pae

• Offizieller Beitrag

The jobs are in /var/lib/openmediavault/cron.d/. They are called from /etc/cron.d/openmediavault-userdefined

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.2 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4 | scripts 7.0.1

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Offizieller Beitrag

The Pro was here, forget my rubbish

If I didn't maintain the rsnapshot plugin, I wouldn't know where they are either and I would've look in crontab as well :)

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.2 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4 | scripts 7.0.1

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• thanks guys..

But the job that is being called is in neither, here's the contents of /etc/cron.d/openmediavault-userdefined

SHELL=/bin/sh
    PATH=/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin
    # m h dom mon dow user command
    30 1 * * * root /var/lib/openmediavault/cron.d/userdefined-8b3c6be3-d854-4283-89aa-5eff48d4faa2 >/dev/null 2>&1
    30 2 * * 2 root /var/lib/openmediavault/cron.d/userdefined-20be7be2-a265-40f3-9539-36cf328aa748

=========

No reference to the job that is being called on Monday 3:30am, /var/lib/openmediavault/cron.d/userdefined-af5f61aa-3773-43e0-a245-5b83f8442968

Strange.. must be hiding somewhere else?

• Ok guys, I'm an idiot.

I have a 2nd OMV server running, a test one at work. Which has the same hostname. The script was running on *this* box, so I was confusing the email notification. *hangs head in shame*.

ryecoaaron: It was indeed referenced at the location you suggested.

subzero79: thank you for this syntax it will come in handy.

Dropkick Murphy: Thanks for the suggestion mate.

Apologies for the time wasting!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!