Nginx not starting

• Hello everyone,

first I create a new Cert, then I done a reboot of my nas. After this I got no webinterface.
    Then I connect to my nas and try a manually start of nginx, but I get the error in the picture.

This is the LDD-Output

It looks like a bug for me, because I can not find this library in the internet. Can you post me your LDD-Output? Did someone know what I can do?

• Offizieller Beitrag

There is no such thing as libex0at. That should be libexpat. No idea how your system is looking for libex0at.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.6 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• You could try omv-firstaid and reconfigure the Webinterface... That worked for me some time ago when I screwed it

DISCLAIMER: :!: I'm not a native English speaker, I'm sorry if I don't explain as good as you would want. :!:

My NAS:
    Always the latest OMV Erasmus running on an AMD Sempron 3850 @1.3GHz with 4.9.0 Backports Kernel
    with 120GB Samsung SSD 850 EVO for OpenMediaVault & 2x500GB Primary Data HDD + 1TB Secondary HDD for Backup & 2TB USB 3.0 External HDD for offline backup

Plugin list:
    Flash Memory, Locate, OMV-Extras.org, RSnapshot, Sensors, Syncthing, SMB/CIFS, SSH, USB Backup
    _____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Zitat

The Schrödinger's code is that one which is going to work and it's full of bugs at the same time; until you test it, you won't be able to determine it.

• Offizieller Beitrag

If you remove nginx, you will remove OMV and a lot of dependencies. I've never seen anything like this. So, not sure how to fix. What type of media is OMV installed on?

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.6 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

• how about forcefully delete nginx (delete only nginx, and ignore dependencies removing) and reinstall?
    dpkg -r nginx, apt-get install nginx?

OMV3 on Proxmox
    Intel E3-1245 v5 | 32GB ECC RAM | 4x3TB RAID10 HDD
    omv-zfs | omv-nginx | omv-letsencrypt | omv-openvpn
    Click link for more details

• Hello again,

@Lord Wektabyte: I have try omv-firstaid, but i get an error too. You can see it in picture firstaid.png in my first post.

@ryecoaaron: Right, I have never seen like these before too. I installed OMV on an USB-Stick from Mach Xtreme Technology with SLC-Chips.

@luxflow: I will try it

Edit: Now I am really angry. I reboot my nas and i got no network connection anymore. I dont do anything only a reboot. I test my hardware no problem. I think i reinstall the system. Something (has) completly (destroyed)destroys it

Greetings
    Blubmann

• Offizieller Beitrag

Was the system directly on the internet with a weak root password??

• Hello,

Plex and FTP was on the internet with different, but with other users than root.
    My root password has 16 (special)characters(tall and small) and digits.....

My workmate tell me that sometimes there is a bug in \etc\udev\rels.d\70<something with net>

I will keep you up to date.

• Offizieller Beitrag

My workmate tell me that sometimes there is a bug in \etc\udev\rels.d\70<something with net>

Probably referring to /etc/udev/rules.d/70-persistent-net.rules? There shouldn't be anything in udev rules causing this problem. Something or someone changed something.

What is the output of (as root):

ldconfig -p | grep ex0at

If it returns anything, try:
    ldconfig
    and then post the output of
    ldconfig -p | grep ex0at again

• Offizieller Beitrag

Try ldconfig anyway to see if it fixes it.

• I try it, but no chance......

Greetings Blubmann

Edit: Good news guys. I check the md5sum of nginx with this from my workmate. There were different. Then I install OMV in Vmware and check md5sum. Conclusion: md5sum of new OMV = md5sum from workmate != my md5sum......
    I swap my nginx file with this of the VM and now it works...... But I dont know why or what change my nginx file.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Copying the binary seemed like an issue fix but I really wanted to know why this happened.

• Hello,

i try to reconstruct the problem.
    Before this error occoured I updated all packages from WebGui menu and created a new Self-signed certificate, because the validity date of the old one was expired.
    Then I wanted to delete the old one. Of course it was not possible, because it was binded to FTP and WebGui.
    Therefore I go to FTP settings, kicked out the old one and bind the new one. Save etc., it all worked.
    Then I wanted to make the same for WebGui. I binded the new cert and press apply, all good. Then I press save and I get this nginx error for the first time. I get the same output as when I try "omv-firstaid", see my first post. At this point always OMV try to start or restart nginx this error occours.

• Offizieller Beitrag

It doesn't sound like something you did. Sounds more like someone "helping" you or just data corruption.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!