[Solved]Biostar A68N-5545 motherboard - does OMV v5.x supports it?

• Hi all,

I am trying to install OMV 5.0.5 using this motherboard: https://www.biostar.com.tw/app…hp?S_ID=856#specification

However, I have encountered an installation problem.

I managed to get installation running but during halfway, the screen just shows BLUE + a grey bar (at the bottom)

of the monitor screen. I can see my network on board LED was blinking, but after waiting for more than 10mins

the screen still showed the same thing.

I ruled out it was an internet connection problem, since it is working fine.

Any clue what went wrong?

Appreciated if someone can advise me what can I troubleshoot.

Thank you.

• Never mind guys, I already solved the issue, it turned out the port my router is a bit flaky. ^^

• @macom,

While I was waiting for someone's advice, I took the liberty to solve my own problem.

I am not sure, why I am having this weird problem coming from just the installation itself.

I have 2 USB drives stuck at the back motherboard's USB 2.0 ports.
    1 Kingmax USB drive was the installer, and 1 USB drive- Scandisk Ultra fit (16GB) was where
    I installed OMV 5.0.5. I was able to successfully installed OMV on the Scandisk USB drive.

The only way to solve the problem was to leave the USB installer remained intact, meaning
    when the 1st part of installation has finished, and it requested the user to remove the installer
    media from the PC.

I left there. If not then, the problem shown above- the monitor screenshot will occur.

Only when I finished the 2nd part of downloading the Debian image from the public server
    nearest to my country, and also finished installation onto the USB Scandisk drive.
    I removed the USB installer.

Upon rebooting (after finished installation), the 2nd part of the installation process went
    without any hassle.

Thank you. :)

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!