no access to OMV share by Kathrein SAT-receiver UFS922

• Hello all,

this is my first post and I try to do it as best I can.
    First of all here is my setup:
    - raspi 4 with 1TB WD harddisk
    - OMV 5 beta on OS raspbian buster version Sept. 2019
    - Router Fritzbox 7490

I setup my OMV 5 system on raspi 4 basically without problems using the official guide documentation Getting_Started-OMV5.pdf.
    It is intended to use the system as NAS for general users storing datas as well as NAS-drive for my Kathrein SAT-receivers UFS922 and UFS912 storing videos.
    As the access to NAS by this receivers is the most critical item I setup a user named "video" as first step as well the respective SMB/CIFS service with share "kathrein/".
    The share is visible to my Linux PC as well my old Linux laptop and reading/writing to it is working fine. Also the installation of the access to this share on the Kathrein receiver UFS912 were successful. But the access is not working at all with the UFS922 receiver. I tried already a lot of variations with user names, passwords, user group assignments without success. I don't know about the differences in SW of the receivers but due to different FW version names there might be any difference. On the other side however both receivers can access properly the NAS setup with my router Fritzbox 7490.

So my question is: What might be the difference of the NAS I have setup with OMV compared with the Fritzbox-NAS?

Unfortunately it is not possible to create any log-file from the receivers. Also from the OMV system I have no useful log-file.

Any feedback is highly appreciated.

Thanks a lot in advance.
    Visionflier

• Offizieller Beitrag

But the access is not working at all with the UFS922 receiver.

Maybe this receiver only supports SMB1 which is not enabled by default on OMV due to security reasons.

SMB1 & Zappiti.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!