Fatal error 64: XML declaration allowed only at the start of the document (line=5, column=6)

• Hi, I deleted the noexec by follwing this guide and afterward I got this error "Fatal error 64: XML declaration allowed only at the start of the document (line=5, column=6)"

Is there anyway to fix it?

If not can you point me to a guide where I can do a reset of OMV or a clean install without formatting my hard drives?

Thanks any help is greatly appreciated

• Just a friendly reminder for future reference:

Make sure you have a clone or backup of the root filesystem before you try hacking it. And before you manually edit/modify a configuration file, make sure that you make a backup copy of it. Then it is very easy to recover from minor mistakes without having to do major re-installs from scratch.

Be smart - be lazy. Clone your rootfs. This help is Grateful™.
    OMV 4: 9 x Odroid HC2 + 1 x Odroid HC1 + 1 x Raspberry Pi 4

• You could post the part of the file you changed. Then someone might be able to tell you where the issue is.

If you want to reinstall this will not affect your data drives. Just disconnect the data drives to make sure you do not install on one of the data drives. Then install OMV and connect the data drives again. You will have to do all the configuration from scratch. Mount the filesystem(s) on your data drive. When you create the shared folders, point them to the existing folders on the data drives.

• Just a friendly reminder for future reference:

Make sure you have a clone or backup of the root filesystem before you try hacking it. And before you manually edit/modify a configuration file, make sure that you make a backup copy of it. Then it is very easy to recover from minor mistakes without having to do major re-installs from scratch.

How do you backup the root filesystem on a pc?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!