Lost Unionfs configure and all dockers

• I upgraded omv refer to https://forum.openmediavault.o…?postID=219830#post219830, and TechnoDad's video from Youtube.
    When I login, it pop up an error as below

There is nothing in unionfs plugin. My filesystem just gone? I can't access the normal filesystem and sharefolders either. Service tab under sys info shows FTP not running.
    I can use all my folder and file from windows smb or ftp on my phone. thank god.

Docker plugin is also gone. Is that normal? I tried install docker from omv-extras. Didn't work, still no docker on the menu.

• Offizieller Beitrag

When I login, it pop up an error as below

The unionfilesystem plugin doesn't have a migration script. I guess I could add one. Otherwise, remove the plugin and reinstall it. Then recreate the pool. Set the path in the docker tab of omv-extras to the same path you used in OMV 4.x. Everything should be there.

My filesystem just gone?

Unionfilesystems/mergerfs is not a filesystem. It just pools existing filesystems together. So, you haven't lost anything but you really should be backing it up if it is important.

Docker plugin is also gone. Is that normal?

Yep. https://forum.openmediavault.o…?postID=186122#post186122

I tried install docker from omv-extras. Didn't work, still no docker on the menu.

And there won't be. The plugin was replaced with portainer. There is a button in the Docker tab of omv-extras to open the portainer web interface. Lots of threads about all of this.

omv 7.1.0-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.2 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.5 | scripts 7.0.5

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Otherwise, remove the plugin and reinstall it. Then recreate the pool.

Docker solved. Thanks.
    I reinstalled union. I can't really remenber the name I used before. So I just create a pool, and I still can't open filesystem tab. Share folders not working show: Invalid RPC response

• please do not store dockers or dockers config on unionFS, instead use a direct path to disk/folder on HDD for it to avoid problems in future.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Share folders not working show: Invalid RPC response

Need more output to tell what is wrong but I'm guessing you still have sharedfolders pointing at the old pool. You could just change each sharedfolder to point to the new pool.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.2 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.5 | scripts 7.0.5

• Offizieller Beitrag

You will probably have to remove them manually by remove the entries from the sharedfolders section of /etc/openmediavault/config.xml

• I removed all sharefolders from shares and mergefs from fstab.
    Then I recreate some shares to physics disk. It worked. I reinstall unionfs plugin and create a pool. Filesystem and unionfs tab are working well, but I can't create shares to unionfs.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Remove the webdav plugin. It was not ported to OMV 5.x.

• I am too following the Youtube video and had this same issue with union filesystem.

As for this comment below (ryecoaaron), I want to make sure I follow what is being said. This is one of the paths that I have in the share: /sharedfolders/shareA/VMStorage

"The unionfilesystem plugin doesn't have a migration script. I guess I could add one. Otherwise, remove the plugin and reinstall it. Then recreate the pool. Set the path in the docker tab of omv-extras to the same path you used in OMV 4.x. Everything should be there."

- am I understanding that my pool name is "sharefolders"? I am able to access all resources from all my various shares. I don't quite understand what the Moderator is saying about "You will probably have to remove them manually by remove the entries from the sharedfolders section of /etc/openmediavault/config.xml"

- I have seen the file, attached, and essentially just want to recreate. I did lose dockers as well, but I can redo that, as the data is all there.config.xml.zip

• Offizieller Beitrag

am I understanding that my pool name is "sharefolders"?

No. That is just an easy to access bind mount for each sharedfolder.

I don't quite understand what the Moderator is saying about "You will probably have to remove them manually by remove the entries from the sharedfolders section of /etc/openmediavault/config.xml"

It is complicated for Linux noobs. You will have to wait for me to add a migration script if you don't know what that means.

• Offizieller Beitrag

version 5.1.1 of the plugin is in the repo and it has the migration part in it.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Does that mean just uninstall the unionfs and reinstall? If I've already landed on the new version of omv via the process from the youtube video, how does this noob fix the issues?

No. Just install the update. I just put it in the repo. The youtube video process you ran earlier wouldn't have given you this new version. Installing the update from the Updates tab after clicking Check will.

• I restored my system to omv4. Now I want to try again.
    If I change all shares to physics drive and delete pool and union plugin, will it be ok after update?
    Or I should wait you fix that migration script thing?

• Offizieller Beitrag

If I change all shares to physics drive and delete pool and union plugin, will it be ok after update?
    Or I should wait you fix that migration script thing?

Look 3 posts up...

• Offizieller Beitrag

by the way, where can I get Vbox?

The plugin was not ported to OMV 5.x because virtualbox is not in the Debian 10 repo. I have explained this more in a few threads lately.

• Ok, good. So the shared folders are all there and mapped correctly---thank you. Finally, I have a question about the "FIle System" button just above UnionFS, as that screen just keeps spinning "Loading". Is there something I need to go back and install?

This seems to be affecting smb and network shares accessibility. That is to say that the paths are there, but everything appears inaccessible.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!