RAID0 including main HD (holding the OS)

• Hi everyone, I'm sure this must have been addressed earlier, I just can't seem to find anything suitable for my query.

I have an "old" ACER Easystore H341 headless NAS with 4 bays (works like a charm!)

HARD DISK setup:

4 TB WD NAS (main drive, 60GB partition holding the OS)

2 TB SEAGATE NAS

250 GB SEAGATE NAS

250 GB SEAGATE NAS

As I am only using the NAS for laptop backups, I'd like to create a RAID0 stripe array, no redundancy, just pooling all the available hard drive space into one array of 4TB+2TB+250GB+250GB = 6.5TB (minus the 60GB for the OS). Below is my setup (disregard the 256MB Flash drive, this is the internal flash of the NAS that I'm not using).

I would like to create an array for:

/dev/sda4

/dev/sdb1

/dev/sdd1

/dev/sde1 (not yet created below).

• What's the best way to do this?
    • When I "wipe" the existing drives, I can't see my 4TB sda4 drive (just all the others).
    • I can't wipe SDA as it holds my OMV installation in the aforementioned partition
    • I would need the FULL capacity of all hard disks in one drive, as some of my backups will need that full space.

Thanks guys!

oh, and one more thing... (somewhat a different question). when I DO create the RAID of the three disks I can choose from, I get this:

Zitat

Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C.UTF-8; omv-mkraid /dev/md0 -l stripe -n 3 -N HDPOOL /dev/sdb /dev/sdd /dev/sde 2>&1' with exit code '1': mdadm: chunk size defaults to 512K mdadm: super1.x cannot open /dev/sdd: Device or resource busy mdadm: /dev/sdd is not suitable for this array. mdadm: super1.x cannot open /dev/sde: Device or resource busy mdadm: /dev/sde is not suitable for this array. mdadm: create aborted

• Offizieller Beitrag

bigomvfan as macom has suggested the unionfilesystem plugin is your best option, but why are you using the 4Tb drive to boot from and OMV does not use partitions to create a raid.

The raid error is answered by your own code output, the best option would be to use one of the 250Gb drives as the boot device or a USB Flash Drive that would give you the max space from your drives.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!