Remove "phantom" referenced shares

• I have a few shared folders set up, that I would like to remove, but I cannot, because they show up as "referenced". However these folders are not listed under any of the services like SMB, FTP, NFS or Rsync. I think I have shared those folders originally to make them available for the Nginx plugin in OMV 4.x, but in OMV 5.x that became obsolete.

any way to tell where these shares are referenced and remove them properly?

SuperMicro CSE-825, X11SSH-F, Xeon E3-1240v6, 32 GB ECC RAM, LSI 9211-8i HBA controller, 2x 8 TB, 1x 4 TB, 1x3TB, MergerFS+SnapRAID

Powered by Proxmox VE

• Offizieller Beitrag

If you used this process RE: OMV 5.0 - finally out! :-) those plugins should have been removed.

Check if they are still installed and try to remove them. But do not uninstall nginx itself. If you do you will remove OMV as well as it is depending on nginx.

If the issue persists you can try to fix it by editing /etc/openmediavault/config.xml

Make a backup of that file!!!

• all the plugins are removed as per post #38, apt list --installed does not show them, but config.xml still has all the old references including letsencrypt and so. getting the courage to touch config.xml manually :)

SuperMicro CSE-825, X11SSH-F, Xeon E3-1240v6, 32 GB ECC RAM, LSI 9211-8i HBA controller, 2x 8 TB, 1x 4 TB, 1x3TB, MergerFS+SnapRAID

Powered by Proxmox VE

• Offizieller Beitrag

all the plugins are removed as per post #38, apt list --installed does not show them, but config.xml still has all the old references including letsencrypt and so. getting the courage to touch config.xml manually

They need to be purged not removed. Removing a plugin leaves the database entries. No need to edit the database. dpkg -l | grep ^rc | cut -d" " -f3 | sudo xargs dpkg -P

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.6 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• ryecoaaron thanks, i did run your command, it purged a lot of packages but the references did not change:

also i am quite positive that I did purge the packages during the OMV update process.