Disabling ports

• Hello all. First I must make it known that I know absolutely nothing about networking or Linux stuff for that matter so bear with me while I try to explain what is going on.

I install OMV5 on a Raspberry Pi 4 about a month ago and have been able to get some things working. What I couldn't seem to ever figure out was how to get the Caddy docker working. I just didn't know what to put in all the blocks.

I gave up on the docker and installed Caddy 2 via terminal and it is now running. Unfortunately when I try to visit localhost in my browser I get an error. After some t/s on the Caddy page I believe the problem is that OMV listens on port 443 and Caddy needs it for https routing.

My question is can I change/disable port 443 for OMV? Will it cause me any issues on my home NAS?

If this isn't possible without causing issues in OMV is there some detailed documentation on setting up the docker version of Caddy?

Thanks in advance

• It says that a certificate is required for the https option. It won't let me save without putting a certificate in which I don't have. I am using letsencrypt with Caddy for certificates.

How can I change it without a certificate?

• So I did figure out how to change the port in the WebGUI. I had to enable then type a new number then disable it and save and apply. I also checked the config.xml file and it says:

<!-- Web control panel configuration - Do not add any configuration here -->

<webadmin>

<port>81</port>

<enablessl>0</enablessl>

<sslport>446</sslport>

<forcesslonly>0</forcesslonly>

<sslcertificateref></sslcertificateref>

<timeout>0</timeout>

</webadmin>

So the config file changed along with the GUI, however when I run

netstat -tulpn | grep 446

I get no results. And when I run it with 443 at the end I get the following:

(Not all processes could be identified, non-owned process info

will not be shown, you would have to be root to see it all.)

tcp6 0 0 :::443 :::* LISTEN -

So tcp6 is listening on port 443 and running 'netstat' gives the following:

tcp6 0 0 192.168.1.29:81

Well since that's my Pi's IP address on port 81 wouldn't that mean that tcp6 is OMV5?

So although it says it's changed it's actually still listening to port 443.

Please let me know if I am all bass ackwards on this. Like I said at the beginning I am very new to all of this and am just googling and trying figure out what the problem is here.

Any help I can get on getting OMV to listen on a different port would be great. Thank you.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!