Share Printer with Samba

• Dear all,

I've switched to OMV 5 recently and as the CUPS Plugin is deprecated now, I tried to setup CUPS with Samba on my own.

I've installed CUPS and it works like a charm, but inside smb.conf there's a default value set

Code
    load printers = no

Even If I put "load printers = yes" to the extra options it doesn't work as this parameter then is set twice with "no" + "yes" (which has no effect)

Is there any way to change/edit "load printers" option that survives any WebIF changes and possible future Updates?

Checked the Environment Variables but didn't find anything.

Thanks in advance

BR Sebastian

• Dear all,

I would like to ask if maybe it would be possible to move the

Code

Code
    load printers = no

from [global] section to the #Extra Options section in a future update of OMV ?

To make this user changeable if needded?

Thanks!

• drakohla

Hat das Label gelöst hinzugefügt.
  • Hi,

I apologize for opening this topic again but if possible, I would be very interested to learn how did you manage to share your printer on samba?

I have it working perfectly well through the Cups admin interface (can print test page), but I am stuck with the Samba integration

Was able to add OMV_SAMBA_LOADPRINTERS=yes and even OMV_SAMBA_PRINTING=cups but now what?

Please can you share the whole solution?

Thank you in advance!

Regards,

Igor

• I found that I also had to add the following four lines to /etc/default/openmediavault :

Code
    OMV_SAMBA_LOADPRINTERS="yes"
    OMV_SAMBA_PRINTING="CUPS"
    OMV_SAMBA_PRINTCAPNAME="CUPS"
    OMV_SAMBA_DISABLESPOOLSS="no"

I also had to add the following under Services -> SMB/CIFS -> Settings -> Extra options:

Code
    [printers]
       comment = All Printers
       browseable = yes
       path = /var/spool/samba
       printable = yes
       guest ok = yes
       read only = yes

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!