Delete shared folders

• Hi everyone...

i just faced a problem with my openmediavault nas. 2 hardisk failed - no problem, they were just for backup. i changed my plan to replace them because i want to build a second one. but that will be in the next month or so...

so now i want to clean my nas and want to delete the all references to these disks. i deleted all references to the old shares (nfs and cifs) and now i want to delete the shared folders.thats where i failed.

i have 4 shared folders an one of them is still referenced. the other 3 shared folders are in this folder an not referenced. everytime i tried to delete the folders i get error:

i've read a few posts here and on other places but still have no solution accept new installation. thats what i dont want because i have installed sql server and docker and i dont want to make everything from scratch....

btw: i tried the reset permission / shared folders in use plug in -> the share "back" is in use by config/system/resetperms and config/system/shares/sharedfolders -> i disabled the plugins but no solution for me.

are there any tips or tricks what to try ?

kdrgds

Reiner

• hi.... thanks for the answer... and one step closer: the referenced tag is now "no" for all shared folders.

but unfortunatly its not possible to delete the 4 folders...

just for yr info: 3 folders are subfolders in the first folder and when i try to delete a shared subfolder there is the following error:

Zitat

OMV\ExecException: Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C.UTF-8; systemctl restart 'sharedfolders-back.mount' 2>&1' with exit code '1': Assertion failed on job for sharedfolders-back.mount. in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/system/process.inc:182
    Stack trace:

where "back" is the folder where the 3 subfolders are located. i hope you can understand what i mean...

so when i try to delete one subfolder share it has problem with the sahre of the parant directory...

kdrgds

Reiner

• Offizieller Beitrag

Then I would create these four folder in CLI and try to delete them from the GUI. First the subfolders (don't forget to press "apply") then the parent folder.

If that does not work, you need to edit config.xml

• Offizieller Beitrag

Make a copy of that file as backup.

Search for the entries related to your shared folders and delete them. You need to roughly understand the structure, but should be possible.

Reboot.

If you break something, restore your backup of that file.

• thx... it seems to work for me. ive deleted everything regarding the 4 shared folders and rebooted. now everything is nice...no orphaned shared folders anymore....

thank you... first i was scared to edit the config.xml file, but it worked for me...

• Offizieller Beitrag

first i was scared to edit the config.xml file, but it worked for me...

For a reason ;) If you damage that file you are in troubles. That is why you need a backup up that file, so that you can go back. Should be always done when editing system files.

Glad it worked for you :thumbup:

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!