OMV running on USB Stick on ASROCK - trying to clone it to new (bigger 32GB instead of 16GB USB Stick)

• I am running OVM on a 16GB USB Stick on an ASROCK ( ASRock VISION 3D 137B/B ). Recently I once sort of crashed it because i ran out of space. Luckily I was having a DD copy (done via the web interface) and could easily copy the image via dd to the USB stick and start all over.

To avoid these type of issues in the future i purchased a 32 GB USB stick and thought it would be very easy to do the same command to clone the image to the 32 GB stick and use gparted to resize the parition.

Unfortunately the AS ROCK is very picky on USB Boot sticks ......in the past I always burned DVDs from ISO's since I was never successful with USB Sticks. However I was able to setup OMV on that USB stick and boot from there. The bad thing is that it does not work with the 32 GB Stick. The strange thing is, that when I try to boot from the USB stick on my notebook I get the boot menue but when I put it in the AS ROCK i get a grub error: error: file '/boot/grub/i386-pc/normal.mod' not found. Entering rescue mode ......

When I do a ls I see a few HD0 and one FD0.

I noticed that i on one of the HD0 entries I see files from the build in HD and FD0 gets me a sector error.

I am not even 100% confident that this is coming from the USB stick even I select it via F11 ....

Since I get the Boot menu on my notebook I guess it is not totally messed up but somehow it does not work on the ASROCK. While the ASROCK might be somehow picky about USB sticks the 16GB works like a charm and I guess it should be possible to clone it to a 32 GB stick in a way that the ASROCK will boot from it.

Any suggestions?

thanks

Markus

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!