OMV loses network connection

• My Odroid HC2 has been working fine with OMV5 for months (and before this, for a year with OMV4). Some weeks ago, after no changes made to the system apart from the occasional update, it started losing network connectivity within 5 to 30 min after reboot. I cannot reach it with the web interface or ssh. Dockers lose network as well.

It seems to be alive, flashing all LEDs as usual (red, green, blue, yellow) and spinning up the HDD once in a while. I've changed network cable and ports, with no effect. I haven't found anything obvious in the log files, but I'm new to Linux and might not look at the right places.

I'd be grateful for any hint how to solve the problem!

Steffen

• Offizieller Beitrag

I would check the log files. Now the issue is, that you are most likely using flashmemory plugin which is holding the logs in RAM and only writes them to the SD card when the HC2 is being properly shut down. So if you just pull the plug to reboot, the logs will be lost. To overcame this, I would add a scheduled job that runs every hour and writes the logs to the SD card.

folder2ram -syncall

Then when you notice that the network connection is lost wait for one hour to be sure that folder2ram had time to write the logs to the SD card.

Then check the logs (syslog to start with) around the time when you lost the network connection if there is something in.

• I'm actually having this problem too! Everything was working fine for a couple months but then out of nowhere it keeps loosing connection. I went as far as to reinstall OMW 5 by redownloading from website, updating it it, reconnecting my drives and then BAM... windows would freeze the connection every 30-45 seconds. I am a nuub and am happy to provide my logs if I can figure out how to get them and share them to you. I'm running out of hair to pull out from this as it's driving me crazy. I even downloaded FreeNAS but held back from abandoning ship because I really like OMW! Please help!!

• I've got an Odroid H2+ and am also having similar issues. It worked fine for a week or two but then I can't connect. Even locally when I log in, it immediately logs me back out in the shell so all I can do is reboot, which doesn't seem to fix the issues.. Because I can't log in on the shell I can't even check logs. I will try first aid tonight

• I gave up. I tried installing Rockstor as I believed that since it had ext3/4 compatibility, I would be able to access my media and switch over to FreeNAS. Well, without warning, when I tried mounting the drive, it erased all my media. I am pissed right now. I am frantically trying to use Recuva and see if I can recover some of my media. OMV has really messed things up. I've switched back to 5.0.5 and it seems to be fine. I am not updating though. Forget that!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!