Help to set up OMV with external usb 3.0 enclosure.

• Mostly a beginner... I have OMV 5 running on an HP T-520 Thin Client and an attached USB 2.0 320GB NTFS Hard-Drive.

All works well as a media server for stored music files. I am wanting to upgrade/increase the capacity, allow other users to store data, and include security of backup options.

I have recently acquired ..Seagate IronWolf ST4000VN008 (x4)

An Orico 8 bay enclosure. ORICO NS800U3 (USB 3.0 attached)

and a UPS Eaton 5E

All the above new..(Yes, mostly unexpected gifts for work done or significant anniversaries :))

As well as several used HDD's from 150GB to 3TB in size.

I read that software Raid in OMV is discouraged...so would using the collection of older HDDs as a JBOD that I could back-up to the external Seagate IronWolf ST4000VN008 be a best option or have you other advice ?

This is purely for home use and speed is probably not important as the main use will be as a server for audio files.

Any help, links, or suggestions most appreciated. (Linux user 10 years+ but not a Power-user. ;))

Thanks, Bob.

• Today-is-a-good-

Hat den Titel des Themas von „Help to set up OMV with external usb 3.0 encloure.“ zu „Help to set up OMV with external usb 3.0 enclosure.“ geändert.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!