Storage (USB SATA connection) is no longer mounted automatically

• After updating from OMV 5.5.12-1 to OMV 5.5.13-1, when I try to look at "File System" in "Storage", an error occurs, and the storage for USB-connected data is automatically mounted. died.

error contents:

Code
    Invalid RPC response. Please check the syslog for more information.
    Error # 0:
    OMV\Rpc\Exception: Invalid RPC response. Please check the syslog for more information. In /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc:187
    Stack trace:
    # 0 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/proxy/json.inc (97): OMV \ Rpc \ Rpc :: call ('FileSystemMgmt','enumerateMounte ...', Array, Array, 3)
    # 1 /var/www/openmediavault/rpc.php (45): OMV \ Rpc \ Proxy \ Json-> handle ()
    # 2 {main}

I tried to find the cause of the above error.

I thought the mount line on the fstab filesystem was wrong and tried to mount a device path that didn't exist.

Contents of fstab (excerpt only from the additional part by OMV):

Code
    # >>> [openmediavault]
    /dev/disk/by-label/LIBRARY   /srv/dev-disk-by-label-LIBRARY   btrfs defaults, nofail 0 2
    /dev/disk/by-label/STORAGE01 /srv/dev-disk-by-label-STORAGE01 btrfs defaults, nofail 0 2
    /dev/disk/by-label/STORAGE02 /srv/dev-disk-by-label-STORAGE02 btrfs defaults, nofail 0 2
    /dev/disk/by-label/PHOTO     /srv/dev-disk-by-label-PHOTO     btrfs defaults, nofail 0 2
    # <<< [openmediavault]

Looking at this, it seems that I am trying to mount a device file under / dev / disk / by-label, but when I look at / dev / disk, there is no "by-label" directory.

How can this be mounted successfully?

The fix in OMV 5.5.13, "Fixed some bugs in the UDEV rules file that address the problem of some USB PATA / SATA bridge controllers that they do not pass on the serial number of the attached disks." Is it there?

Please give me some advice.

• I reinstalled OMV 5.5.13 from a new OS (Debian 10.5), but the situation remains that the disk is visible but the file system is not.

Also, "Storage"-> "File system" of WebUI is still loading.

The absence of /dev/disk/by-label remains the same.

What exactly does that mean?

How can I view the list of filesystems?

Please someone give me some advice.

• The USB HDD enclosure used is as follows.

Yottamaster Aluminum 5 Bay USB3.0 Hard Drive Enclosure (PS500U3)

https://www.yottamaster.com/in…uct&path=79&product_id=91

HDDs are installed in 4 of the 5 bays.

• Syslog

Code
    PHP Fatal error: Uncaught TypeError: Argument 2 passed to array_keys_exists() must be of the type array, null given, called in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/system/filesystem/backend/manager.inc on line 286 and defined in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/functions.inc:142
    Stack trace:
    #0 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/system/filesystem/backend/manager.inc(286): array_keys_exists(Array, NULL)
    #1 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/system/filesystem/filesystem.inc(821): OMV\System\Filesystem\Backend\Manager->enumerate()
    #2 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/filesystemmgmt.inc(71): OMV\System\Filesystem\Filesystem::getFilesystems()
    #3 [internal function]: Engined\Rpc\OMVRpcServiceFileSystemMgmt->enumerateFilesystems(Array, Array)
    #4 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(123): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
    #5 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc(86): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('enumerateFilesy...', Array, Array)
    #6 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(537): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('FileSystemMgmt', 'enumerateFilesy...', Ar in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/functions.inc on line 142
  • I am seeing a similar problem with my installation on an Odroid HC1 after updating from 5.5.12 to 5.5.14 using update management. I should mention that the update also updated armbian-config, armbian-firmware, armbian-headers,salt as well as several plugins.

I have been running first OMV4 then OMV5 on this system for the past few years without the slightest hiccup, until now. The Odroid HC1 has a 2TB HDD onboard (SATA3 port /USB to SATA bridge?)with one partition called MEDIA formatted as HFSplus, and another 2TB HDD attached via the USB2 port with 2 partitions also formatted as HFSplus. As mentioned, this setup has worked flawlessly until now.

I rebooted after updating and received the following email notification:

The system monitoring needs your attention.

Host: \odroidxu4

Date: Sun, 01 Nov 2020 18:05:24

Service: filesystem_srv_dev-disk-by-label-MEDIA

Event: Does not exist

Description: unable to read filesystem '/srv/dev-disk-by-label-MEDIA' state

This triggered the monitoring system to: restart

The partition on the USB2 attached drive mount as expected, the partition MEDIA on the onboard drive now does not mount.

Here are screenshots of the Disks and File Systems windows of the web interface:

And here are some relevant lines from the syslog file:

Nov 1 13:17:59 odroidxu4 monit[1384]: '\odroidxu4' Monit 5.26.0 started

Nov 1 13:17:59 odroidxu4 monit[1384]: Lookup for '/srv/dev-disk-by-label-MEDIA' filesystem failed -- not found in /proc/self/mounts

Nov 1 13:17:59 odroidxu4 monit[1384]: Filesystem '/srv/dev-disk-by-label-MEDIA' not mounted

Nov 1 13:17:59 odroidxu4 monit[1384]: 'filesystem_srv_dev-disk-by-label-MEDIA' unable to read filesystem '/srv/dev-disk-by-label-MEDIA' state

Nov 1 13:18:00 odroidxu4 postfix/smtpd[2328]: connect from localhost.localdomain[127.0.0.1]

Nov 1 13:18:00 odroidxu4 postfix/smtpd[2328]: 06F4982B6: client=localhost.localdomain[127.0.0.1]

Nov 1 13:18:00 odroidxu4 postfix/cleanup[1841]: 06F4982B6: message-id=<1604254680.994663c2e71a7dc3@\odroidxu4>

Nov 1 13:18:00 odroidxu4 postfix/smtpd[2328]: disconnect from localhost.localdomain[127.0.0.1] ehlo=1 mail=1 rcpt=1 data=1 quit=1 commands=5

Nov 1 13:18:00 odroidxu4 postfix/qmgr[1821]: 06F4982B6: from=<[email=************'][/email]>, size=1098, nrcpt=2 (queue active)

Nov 1 13:18:00 odroidxu4 monit[1384]: 'filesystem_srv_dev-disk-by-label-MEDIA' trying to restart

Nov 1 13:18:00 odroidxu4 postfix/pipe[1906]: 06F4982B6: to=<openmediavault-notification@localhost.localdomain>, relay=omvnotificationfilter, delay=0.09, delays=0/0/0/0.08, dsn=2.0.0, status=sent (delivered via omvnotificationfilter service)

Nov 1 13:18:00 odroidxu4 postfix/smtp[1976]: 06F4982B6: replace: header Subject: Monitoring restart -- Does not exist filesystem_srv: Subject: [odroidxu4] Monitoring restart -- Does not exist filesystem_srv_dev-disk-by-label-MEDIA

And some of the relevant lines from the PROC/SELF/mounts file:

/dev/sda1 /srv/dev-disk-by-label-EFI vfat rw,relatime,fmask=0022,dmask=0022,codepage=437,iocharset=iso8859-1,shortname=mixed,utf8,errors=remount-ro 0 0

/dev/sda3 /srv/dev-disk-by-label-TIME hfsplus rw,relatime,umask=22,uid=0,gid=0,nls=utf8 0 0

tracefs /sys/kernel/debug/tracing tracefs rw,relatime 0 0

tmpfs /run/user/0 tmpfs rw,nosuid,nodev,relatime,size=203820k,mode=700 0 0

I would appreciate any help with this issue. BTW, I have checked the relevant drive and file system separately and both are fine.

Thanks in advance.

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von hui-13 () aus folgendem Grund: correction of inaccuracy. Removed email address

• I have reposted the screenshot for File Systems. The device names show up more clearly and you can see an issue with the MEDIA partition. It shows up twice. Once as device /dev/sdb2, Label: MEDIA, Status: Online, which cannot be mounted. And a second time as /dev/disk/by-label/MEDIA, Label: none, Status: Missing.

No idea what happened.

• Similar issue for me. Odroid-XU4 with a cloudshell2 on latest firmware, so no luck upgrading that.

My issue is /dev/sda1 and /dev/sdb1 do not mount at boot, causing my mergerfs mount to fail and the system enters emergency mode.
    There (on the tiny screen) I comment out the mergerfs mount from /etc/fstab, reboot, run "fsck.ext4 -fy /dev/sdX1" on both drives, mount them in the GUI, un-comment the mergerfs mount from /etc/fstab and then run "mount -a".

• Offizieller Beitrag

You can delete the missing filesystem to fix the issue. Before you can do that you need to delete the shared folder configuration. Note, you also need to delete the shares in every service which are using them. After that, mount the correct filesystem and recreate your shared folder structure and reconfigure all services that consume your shared folders.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!