USB Backup Plugin - How Do I Restore?

• Hi

I have OMV running on a Raspberry Pi 4 with an internal SD card for the OS/OMV installation and an external USB drive for data storage. In the event of fire/theft/etc I wanted to backup the data storage drive and send offsite. I bought a second identical USB drive, installed USB Backup, selected a shared folder to backup and plugged the second drive in. USB Backup kicked in and it appears from the system logs to have done a successful backup of my data. Just what I needed.

I've searched high and low for documentation on how I can restore the data from the second (backup) drive. I've searched through OMV forum, Google etc but haven't had any success finding anything that will explain the restore process.

Suppose I had a catastrophic failure of the data storage drive. I purchase a new one, plug it into the Raspberry Pi 4 and then I'd like to be able to restore the data from the second USB drive I had stored offsite to the new drive. How do I do it? Does anyone know of any documentation I can read that would explain the process to me? USB Backup seems to backup brilliantly but I have no idea how to restore the data.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Craig

• You have to create (+Add) a new job., which is in principle a copy of the existing one, with the difference that you have to exchange source and target as macom has already mentioned. Then you can start this job with the Run button to restore the data from the external disk to the NAS share.

There is another possibility to restore the data by rsync command (or rsync plugin?). But I never did it this way.

OMV 3.0.100 (Gray style)

ASRock Rack C2550D4I C0-stepping - 16GB ECC - 6x WD RED 3TB (ZFS 2x3 Striped RaidZ1) - Fractal Design Node 304 -

3x WD80EMAZ Snapraid / MergerFS-pool via eSATA - 4-Bay ICYCube MB561U3S-4S with fan-mod

• Ah right I think I get it. So if I've got this right I would add another job that looked like the image below and run that job manually once I setup the share on the brand new storage drive that replaced the busted one?

• Yes, I think that would be correct.

OMV 3.0.100 (Gray style)

ASRock Rack C2550D4I C0-stepping - 16GB ECC - 6x WD RED 3TB (ZFS 2x3 Striped RaidZ1) - Fractal Design Node 304 -

3x WD80EMAZ Snapraid / MergerFS-pool via eSATA - 4-Bay ICYCube MB561U3S-4S with fan-mod

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!