WebGUI login error "Failed to connect to socket: No such file or directory"

• Hi all!

The problem appeared after installing Apache2 in parallel to nginx and vsftpd instead of proftpd.

When I'm trying to log in to the WebGUI, I see this:

Code
    Error #0:
    OMV\Rpc\Exception: Failed to connect to socket: No such file or directory in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc:141
    Stack trace:
    #0 /var/www/openmediavault/rpc/session.inc(57): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('UserMgmt', 'authUser', Array, Array, 2, true)
    #1 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceSession->login(Array, Array)
    #2 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(123): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
    #3 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc(86): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('login', Array, Array)
    #4 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/proxy/json.inc(97): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('Session', 'login', Array, Array, 3)
    #5 /var/www/openmediavault/rpc.php(45): OMV\Rpc\Proxy\Json->handle()
    #6 {main}

Ewerything else seems working, like RAIDs, shares and iSCSI targets configured via openmediavault web gui.

Any ideas how to fix that?

• Offizieller Beitrag

The problem appeared after installing Apache2 in parallel to nginx

Are they both listening on port 80?

If you use separate ports for nginx and apache, try if clearing your browser cache helps.

In general it is recommended to not install apache on OMV. It is proposed to use apache (or another nginx instance) in docker.

• Is SIGCHLD an error?

• Offizieller Beitrag

Is SIGCHLD an error?

No, that's happening because you've pressed CTRL-C to terminate the command.

Seems there are no problems in omv-engined...

The problem appeared after installing Apache2 in parallel to nginx and vsftpd instead of proftpd.

By the way, this really does not work and will break the OMV installation. You shouldn't run Apache beside nginx, please use a Docker container to do so. Installing vsftpd will cause problems because this will conflict with proftpd. I don't know exactly what happens, but it may happen that the OMV installation will be broken because of that.

• I don't know exactly what happens, but it may happen that the OMV installation will be broken because of that.

Is there a way to fix that without reinstalling EVERYTHING?

I don't even understand what exactly was "broken". Probably nginx, or mysql.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!