mini-DLNA launches before the media directory is mounted - no files on DLNA connection after restart

• Hello!

Since spring of this year I am using an Raspberry Pi 4 Modell B with Openmediavault. Till last week everything worked like a charm. But then i made an update, now using Version 5.5.18-1.

When i now shutdown the system or do a restart, the mini DLNA tool isn't showing any files after a restart.

service minidlna status via Putty shows me:

● minidlna.service - MiniDLNA lightweight DLNA/UPnP-AV server

Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/minidlna.service; enabled; vendor preset: enabled)

Active: active (running) since Wed 2020-12-16 13:57:14 CET; 4min 38s ago

Docs: man:minidlnad(1)

man:minidlna.conf(5)

Process: 741 ExecStart=/usr/sbin/minidlnad -f $CONFIGFILE -P /run/minidlna/minidlna.pid $DAEMON_OPTS (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)

Main PID: 794 (minidlnad)

Tasks: 2 (limit: 4915)

CGroup: /system.slice/minidlna.service

└─794 /usr/sbin/minidlnad -f /etc/minidlna.conf -P /run/minidlna/minidlna.pid -r

Dec 16 13:57:13 ttmk-nas systemd[1]: Starting MiniDLNA lightweight DLNA/UPnP-AV server...

Dec 16 13:57:14 ttmk-nas minidlnad[741]: [2020/12/16 13:57:14] minidlna.c:631: error: Media directory "/srv/dev-disk-by-label-DataTTMK/TTMK/" not accessible [No such file or directory]

Dec 16 13:57:14 ttmk-nas systemd[1]: Started MiniDLNA lightweight DLNA/UPnP-AV server.

But when i restart the miniDLNA Server via

sudo /etc/init.d/minidlna restart

the miniDLNA Server starts to indexing the files. Then everything works fine in 24/7 modus, until i shutdown or restart the system.

In my opinion, after a restart the miniDLNA server try to get access to the media directory before the media directory is mounted into the system. So the system says: not accessible [No such file or directory].

Is that issue known? How can it be solved?

Thanks in advance for help!

• klimbo

Hat den Titel des Themas von „minidlna launches before the media directory is mounted“ zu „mini-DLNA launches before the media directory is mounted - no files on DLNA connection after restart“ geändert.
  • I am also seeing this. With every reboot, access to any minidlna content now fails.

Version:

OMV 5.5.21-1.

From OMV system Logs:

Code
    2021-01-09T21:08:20-0500 openmediavault.localhost minidlnad[629]: [2021/01/09 21:08:20] minidlna.c:631: error: Media directory "V,/srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-{redacted}/tv/" not accessible [No such file or directory]

2021-01-09T21:08:20-0500 openmediavault.localhost minidlnad[629]: [2021/01/09 21:08:20] minidlna.c:631: error: Media directory "V,/srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-{redacted}/movies/" not accessible [No such file or directory]

2021-01-09T21:08:20-0500 openmediavault.localhost systemd[1]: minidlna.service: Can't open PID file /run/minidlna/minidlna.pid (yet?) after start: No such file or directory

I anecdotally concur that this seems to be a recently developed issue with a recent OMV release. That is, this did not seem to occur prior to the latest updates to OMV. Maybe the services start order was re-ordered or something?

The problem occurs every time. After a reboot, I need to manually issue a RESCAN from the OMV Web Interface or manually issue minidlnad -R from an SSH session.

If I try:

sudo systemctl edit minidlna.service

Then add :

[Unit]

RequiresMountsFor=/srv/{redacted}

Save and then

sudo systemctl restart minidlna.service

Then I can reboot and minidlna seems to work at least until the OMV config changes. The edit overrides the systemd start and waits until the drives are available. See systemd.unit (www.freedesktop.org) man page for the RequiresMountsFor explaination.

Hate to complain about this issue but this is a real problem. My system restarts daily so you need to manually execute a rescan after every boot.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Hate to complain about this issue but this is a real problem. My system restarts daily so you need to manually execute a rescan after every boot.

It isn't just an issue for the minidlna plugin. All services that don't wait for the filesystems to be ready will suffer this including nfs, mergerfs, plex, etc.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.6 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!