Install Wordpress using nginx - turned to Nextcloud install

• I did that through ssh. I stopped it through ssh last night as that's the only way I know how to stop it and stopping the webserver is one of the first things that the guide says to do.

I ride bikes a long way.
    longbikejourney.com

omv 6.9.2-1 (Shaitan) | 64 bit | Linux 6.1.0-0.deb11.11-amd64 | Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E3-1220 V2 @ 3.10GHz | Dell PowerEdge R210 8GB RAM

• I think I've broken it so I am going to try my backup disk.

So, am I right that in order to do this, I just change the uuid in the docker-compose.yml file on the backup disk and then disconnect the disk that's problematic? Then I suppose I just format the problematic disk and set an rsync job up on the new disk to back that up.

I ride bikes a long way.
    longbikejourney.com

omv 6.9.2-1 (Shaitan) | 64 bit | Linux 6.1.0-0.deb11.11-amd64 | Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E3-1220 V2 @ 3.10GHz | Dell PowerEdge R210 8GB RAM

• Offizieller Beitrag

Then I rolled back what I did last night by renaming the new nextcloud directory to nextcloud-new, renamed the old nextloud directory from nextcloud-old to nextcloud

When you copied the folder, did you make sure the permissions are preserved?

• What is log of the nextcloud container saying?

Here you go and thanks:

I ride bikes a long way.
    longbikejourney.com

• When you copied the folder, did you make sure the permissions are preserved?

The guide says that you should rename the current nextcloud directory to something like nextcloud-old (which I did) and then upload the new nextcloud directory that you download from them.

I just scp'd it there from my desktop with scp -r /Users/nick/Desktop/NCupdate/nextcloud root@192.168.1.37:/srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-234ddefe-df8d-4d5e-91f9-8b0375a0d13f/appdata/nextcloud/config/www/ The guide didn't mention permissions.

Thanks,

Nick.

I ride bikes a long way.
    longbikejourney.com

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Nick0 ()

• Offizieller Beitrag

The guide says that you should rename the current nextcloud to something like nextcloud-old (which I did) directory and then upload the new nextcloud directory that you download from them.

Ok, here seems to be a major misunderstanding.

The guide is not for docker. It is for installations of nextcloud on the OS without docker.

The nextcloud directory they are talking about is the directory where nextcloud is installed. That is something different.

• Offizieller Beitrag

/srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-234ddefe-df8d-4d5e-91f9-8b0375a0d13f/appdata/nextcloud/config/www/

Stop the stack, then you need to restore this directory.

All files should be owned by the user from your docker-compose file (UID: 1000) and by group users

Then start the stack again

• The log looks ok to me.

Can you go to the stack and stop it. Then restart the stack and check the logs of each container if there is an error.

Then check if you can access nextcloud.

Thanks for looking at it for me. I can't seem to stop the stack as the checkbox to select it is greyed out. It says: "This stack was created outside of Portainer. Control over this stack is limited", when I hover over "Control/limited" for an explanation.

Ok, here seems to be a major misunderstanding.

The guide is not for docker. It is for installations of nextcloud on the OS without docker.

The nextcloud directory they are talking about is the directory where nextcloud is installed. That is something different.

Oh yes - well this would be typical me, wouldn't it. I had no idea that there would be different methods to update it.

I ride bikes a long way.
    longbikejourney.com

• Stop the stack, then you need to restore this directory.

All files should be owned by the user from your docker-compose file (UID: 1000) and by group users

Then start the stack again

That directory (/srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-234ddefe-df8d-4d5e-91f9-8b0375a0d13f/appdata/nextcloud/config/www/) is still there, it hasn't been removed. All I did was rename directories, i haven'te actually removed anything. We are talking still about fixing the broken version, not using the backup disk?

I ride bikes a long way.
    longbikejourney.com

• Offizieller Beitrag

So, am I right that in order to do this, I just change the uuid in the docker-compose.yml file on the backup disk and then disconnect the disk that's problematic? Then I suppose I just format the problematic disk and set an rsync job up on the new disk to back that up.

Ah ok, you don't want to restore the complete disk, but swap them.

Why not just copying over the appdata folder of nextcloud? When doing this you have to make sure that you preserver permissions.

e.g using rsync with -a

• Did you change some of the settings of the container individually in portainer?

No, I don't touch anything that i don't fully understand and docker, containers and stacks are still mostly an unknown territory for me.

I ride bikes a long way.
    longbikejourney.com

• Ah ok, you don't want to restore the complete disk, but swap them.

Why not just copying over the appdata folder of nextcloud? When doing this you have to make sure that you preserver permissions.

e.g using rsync with -a

OK, do you think that appdata is the only directory affected? The wierd thing is that I haven't actually deleted or overwritten anything. All I've done is rename one directory (nextcloud) and upload a new one and stop and start the server.

I ride bikes a long way.
    longbikejourney.com

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!