OMV starting Problem "emergency mode" on every start

• Hm. It's probably not realistic that the controller or all 4 drives are defective. Do you think maybe in the BIOS is a wrong setting? What happens if you backup your settings and set it then -just for test- to the default values?

• Offizieller Beitrag

cause some guys mentioned that could be a problem with the sata card

That's because you cannot boot from a sata card, these cards have no built in bios to enable them to boot from

I am asking because I had this error messages with a PCIe-SATA-adapter. When I switched it to another PCIe-slot everything was fine.

This board only has one PCIe slot

• no, I didn't. I extra bought this external 120W power supply.

well you can ignore advice but do the math for peak power calculation yourself. Peak = 2 to 3 times of max for each component

The few capacitors on PicoPSU-90 12V DC-DC ATX Mini-ITX 0-90W Netzteil Power Supply are the limiting factor from my experience in the past when I failed to build a reliable setup with it.

This PSU will handle 2 HDDs spinning up, maybe 3 but not more.

omv 6.9.6-2 (Shaitan) on RPi CM4/4GB with 64bit Kernel 6.1.21-v8+

2x 6TB 3.5'' HDDs (CMR) formatted with ext4 via 2port PCIe SATA card with ASM1061R chipset providing hardware supported RAID1

omv 6.9.3-1 (Shaitan) on RPi4/4GB with 32bit Kernel 5.10.63 and WittyPi 3 V2 RTC HAT

2x 3TB 3.5'' HDDs (CMR) formatted with ext4 in Icy Box IB-RD3662-C31 / hardware supported RAID1

For Read/Write performance of SMB shares hosted on this hardware see forum here

• mi-hol 2-3 times at peak sounds very much so I consider to check another power supply without the pico.

But the last days my NAS starts every day from the suspend. My eve power (smart plug) tells me 39W and I’m doing a backup alongside.

But you are wright by meaning ‚it’s Never enough power available‘.

OMV 5.5.23-1 (Usul), Linux 4.19.0-13-amd64, Debian

ASRock J4105-ITX, Crucial RAM CT2K4G4SFS824A 8GB (2x4GB) DDR4 2400 MHz CL17, 2x12TB WD red, PicoPSU-90 12V DC-DC ATX Mini-ITX 0-90W Netzteil Power Supply, Ladegerät 12V 10A - 120W - Netzteil, Systemplatte: SanDisk SSD PLUS 120GB Sata III, Cooler Master Elite 120 Advanced, für die Systemplatte: Sata to usb

• eve power (smart plug) tells me 39W

39W as maximum?

Measuring peak is an art in itself requiring special equipment. (videos available to explain concepts)

The smart plugs are not really built to perform reliable peak measurement due to cost constrains for their components.

to get an idea here is food for thought https://www.truenas.com/commun…in-up-peak-current.38885/

omv 6.9.6-2 (Shaitan) on RPi CM4/4GB with 64bit Kernel 6.1.21-v8+

2x 6TB 3.5'' HDDs (CMR) formatted with ext4 via 2port PCIe SATA card with ASM1061R chipset providing hardware supported RAID1

omv 6.9.3-1 (Shaitan) on RPi4/4GB with 32bit Kernel 5.10.63 and WittyPi 3 V2 RTC HAT

2x 3TB 3.5'' HDDs (CMR) formatted with ext4 in Icy Box IB-RD3662-C31 / hardware supported RAID1

For Read/Write performance of SMB shares hosted on this hardware see forum here

• mi-hol: I think you are right when you doubt if it is peak consumption, I think so too. I think the Eve smart plug tells me a middle value.

So back to the problem, the last days I did a backup from the data drives (horrible long) and then I reseted the UEFI to standard values and then I restarted the NAS a couple of times, it always boots directly without going off immediately.

But when the NAS wakes up from suspend it comes still the message from #65 (RE: OMV starting Problem "emergency mode" on every start)

geaves: But what I think suspicious is that the bios show me no option to boot from. In the boot option the stands only the name of the system drive (and not USB or Sata). But it seems to work (nearly fine).

OMV 5.5.23-1 (Usul), Linux 4.19.0-13-amd64, Debian

ASRock J4105-ITX, Crucial RAM CT2K4G4SFS824A 8GB (2x4GB) DDR4 2400 MHz CL17, 2x12TB WD red, PicoPSU-90 12V DC-DC ATX Mini-ITX 0-90W Netzteil Power Supply, Ladegerät 12V 10A - 120W - Netzteil, Systemplatte: SanDisk SSD PLUS 120GB Sata III, Cooler Master Elite 120 Advanced, für die Systemplatte: Sata to usb

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!