OMV 5.5.11 Fails to Install

• Booting from USB stick (tried 2 ) & from CD, I get to the menu select install <enter> , the menu disappears leaving blue background with logo in top for a few seconds then goes blank & that's it. I've down loaded again & created bootable USB twice on each stick , checked MD5 checksum's on created USB's, all OK.

(I have a running OMV4 on the PC which I did a year ago but didn't have time to use it & thought a complete new install would be best now)

Any ideas?

So I got past this by adding "noapic" to the boot string (found this by trying a Ubuntu Live disk).

But it now stops install at "[!!] Partition disks" red screen, when <entering> the <Continue> button the screen flashes blue & back to the same red one. Cannot get past this (twice now)!

7.0.5-1 (Sandworm) / Linux 6.1.0-20-amd64 / AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4200+

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Tiger955 ()

• Thank You crashtest,

Yes that worked, was unable to copy & paste from document though, so didn't work until I figured out that wget -o was actually wget -O. ^^

There were a few lines of errors when the script was running in PuTTY on the OMV screen, lvm2-activation-generator: lvmconfig failed......:/ something like this.

And in the partitioning section was unable to change the swap partition size, only gave me 1Gb, have 4Gb RAM.

7.0.5-1 (Sandworm) / Linux 6.1.0-20-amd64 / AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4200+

• Offizieller Beitrag

Thank You crashtest,

Yes that worked, was unable to copy & paste from document though, so didn't work until I figured out that wget -o was actually wget -O. ^^

There were a few lines of errors when the script was running in PuTTY on the OMV screen, lvm2-activation-generator: lvmconfig failed......:/ something like this.

And in the partitioning section was unable to change the swap partition size, only gave me 1Gb, have 4Gb RAM.

For you or anyone else who may come across this.... You have to download it (with the download button) that is right above the big bold letters that say: "Please download this document and view it locally"

It will download as a PDF, then you can cut and paste just fine.

For the swap partition, you have to manually partition to do that.

• Offizieller Beitrag

If you tried to copy and paste from the document, in a browser, that doesn't work. You have to download the document and use it locally.

You don't need to worry about LVM and the swap partition size tends to be related to ram but,, with 4GB ram and 1GB swap, you should do fine. For most use cases, even 1GB of ram would be enough.

If you need help getting started, look -> here. Since the install is already done, you can skip that and go -> here.

• Offizieller Beitrag

If you tried to copy and paste from the document, in a browser, that doesn't work. You have to download the document and use it locally.

You don't need to worry about LVM and the swap partition size tends to be related to ram but,, with 4GB ram and 1GB swap, you should do fine. From most use cases, even 1GB of ram would be enough.

If you need help getting started, look -> here. Since the install is already done, you can skip that and go -> here.

Externer Inhalt www.youtube.com
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.

:D

You're post made me think of that exact line..lol. I haven't seen the movie in years.. not sure why I remember that.

• Offizieller Beitrag

For you or anyone else who may come across this.... You have to download it (with the download button) that is right above the big bold letters that say:

It's weird but I didn't see your above post, at all, despite being posted what appears to one full hour before I posted the second time. Again, all I can say is "weird".

Now,, about that word in private.... :) 

(That movie goes back a few years, doesn't it? :) The US military has, since that time, "evolved". :rolleyes:)

• Offizieller Beitrag

It's weird but I didn't see your above post, at all, despite being posted what appears to one full hour before I posted the second time. Again, all I can is "weird".

Now,, about that word in private.... :) 

(That movie goes back a few years, doesn't it? :) The US military has, since that time, "evolved". :rolleyes:)

When I was a young whipper snapper, I was a huge Jack Nicholson fan and watched many of his movies w/ an obsession. That was early 90's, so I was in my pre-teen/early teens. When I got sick and was out of school for a significant period, I must have watched that move 300 times, as it was one of my favorites.

• For you or anyone else who may come across this.... You have to download it (with the download button) that is right above the big bold letters that say: "Please download this document and view it locally"

It will download as a PDF, then you can cut and paste just fine.

For the swap partition, you have to manually partition to do that.

It's obviously not BIG & BOLD enough as I missed it! lol :sleeping:

Thanks Guys, now the fun begins setting it up!

• Offizieller Beitrag

It's obviously not BIG & BOLD enough as I missed it! lol :sleeping:

Thanks Guys, now the fun begins setting it up!

It's cool, I was just kidding with you... I think people are so used to cutting/pasting off websites, they see it but don't bother. People have done and said exactly what you did many times here..

Glad you got it going.

• Thought it was tongue in cheek, I'm sure you do see it many times!

Can I steel your signature 'Air Conditioners are a lot like PC's... They work great until you open Windows." (copied & pasted lol) Been using Linux for more than 20 years now but have to keep Windoze on a pc to access so many things that are only written for Windoze or Mac!

How about this one:

"There are 10 types of people in the world, those that understand binary & those that don't"

I think that's how it went!

Thanks again.

• Tiger955

Hat das Label gelöst hinzugefügt.
  • Tiger955

Hat das Label OMV 5.x hinzugefügt.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!