sources.list: Permission denied

• Zitat von "tekkbebe"

[...] Also, I figured out problem with shellinabox last night and there should be a version upgrade for it too.

As far as I know the Plugin is in unstable Repo for weeks...

Aaron: Nice addition.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• Offizieller Beitrag

You need to read the post that I linked to on the previous page of this thread. It explains what David is telling you.

omv 7.1.0-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.2 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.5 | scripts 7.0.2

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• You create additional sources files under /etc/apt/sources.list.d/

Code
    touch /etc/apt/sources.list.d/yournewsource.list
    nano /etc/apt/sources.list.d/yournewsource.list

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• Zitat von "davidh2k"

You create additional sources files under /etc/apt/sources.list.d/

Code
    touch /etc/apt/sources.list.d/yournewsource.list
    nano /etc/apt/sources.list.d/yournewsource.list

Greetings
    David

Zitat von "ryecoaaron"

You need to read the post that I linked to on the previous page of this thread. It explains what David is telling you.

Apologies for the confusion, guys. This is exactly what I did to get this resolved. I thought you were talking about something else.

Anyways, this is resolved.. I forced everything I needed to get installed via pinning and additional sources / repo files.

• Zitat von "jaoued"

I want to upgrade from squeeze to wheezy but unable to update source.list.
    I want to try kralizec .
    can please give me a way to do it ?

I'm trying to do the same thing, could you please help me out, too?

• Could you tell me what you need to do? There is a custom TAB in OMV Extras to put a repo if you need to add one. We do not want people messing with sources.list file because many of the mirrors seem to have problems.

• I want to upgrade from squeeze to wheezy to get access to some newer packages, e.g. kernel 3.13 and mysql 5.5. In the process I'd like to upgrade OMV from sardaukar to kralizec since sardaukar won't work on wheezy afaik.

To do the debian dist upgrade I want to edit sources.list and change all entries form squeeze to wheezy (regular debian dist upgrade path).

• so that is pretty cool......the file has been locked, but not before i could add

# webmin repository

now the mirror is playing up and i need to remove it, i can't.....

so how do i get a clean sources.list please?

• nameBrandon:

Could you please reveal the way to bypass this? I want to edit my sources.list too.

I want to upgrade to Wheezy and try Kralizec.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Software:
    Openmediavault 4.1.x.x (Arrakis) | omvextrasorg 3.3.16 | Nginx 1.12.2 | Nextcloud 13.x

Hardware:
    Chassis: Fractal Design Node 304
    Board: ASROCK Z87E-ITX
    CPU: Intel Core i5-4670T
    CPU Cooler Noctua NH-U12S
    System storage: 30GB - Kingston SMS200S3/30G
    Data storage: 4 x 4TB - WD Red WD40EFRX 4TB
    RAM: 16GB
    Ethernet Adapter TP-Link TG-3468 (PCIe)

• If you have the newest OMV-Extras installed and your OMV is at the latest version available through the Update in the GUI, you can upgrade to wheezy and 1.0 by doing a

Code
    omv-release-upgrade

So no need to edit the sources.list

• I have tried that, but it failed while upgrading MySql. This is why I wanted to upgrade Debian first.

(I have tried to install Kralizec on fresh Debian installtion on a virtual machine, and that worked perfectly).

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Software:
    Openmediavault 4.1.x.x (Arrakis) | omvextrasorg 3.3.16 | Nginx 1.12.2 | Nextcloud 13.x

Hardware:

• PS. and I dont want Openmediavault to lock my sources.list with a key I dont have! No other distro do that! I want to be free (and pay when I make an error ;) )

Software:

Hardware:

• Offizieller Beitrag

omv-release upgrade does upgrade Debian first. The script is not the reason mysql is failing to upgrade. PM sent.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.2 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.5 | scripts 7.0.2

• Offizieller Beitrag
    Zitat von "Rocologo"

PS. and I dont want Openmediavault to lock my sources.list with a key I dont have! No other distro do that! I want to be free (and pay when I make an error ;) )

OpenMediaVault doesn't lock your sources. omv-extras does. omv-extras allows you to add custom repos and you can add additional files in /etc/apt/sources.list.d/. There is really no reason to change your sources.list.

• Thanks to ryecoaaron Kralicez is now up and running after an upgrade of Debian and the OMV. :)

Where do I find omv-extras 1.0.x ? or do I have to get the source code from github and compile it myself?

Software:

Hardware:

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!