Why are mountpoints different ?

• Hi together,

i do not really understand why the mountpoints of my 2 HDDs are handled in different ways. As i read in another thread, since omv5 the mountpoint should be "by-uuid" by default.
    For me it would be enjoyable if i could set both mountpoints to "by-label".

Best regards,

Mathias

• Offizieller Beitrag

As i read in another thread, since omv5 the mountpoint should be "by-uuid" by default.
    For me it would be enjoyable if i could set both mountpoints to "by-label".

That thread must have been old. by-label is no longer used. If you need an easy to read mountpoint, install the symlinks plugin and make a symlink.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.6 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Zitat

That thread must have been old. by-label is no longer used. If you need an easy to read mountpoint, install the symlinks plugin and make a symlink.

Thank you, i give the plugin a try. --> Already tried and it´s perfect to me :)
    The thing is, the screenshot in the first picture is from my OMV. I do not understand why "WD30" is mounted by uuid and "WD40" by label :/

But iam new to OMV so maybe i have done somthing wrong during init...

• Offizieller Beitrag

I do not understand why "WD30" is mounted by uuid and "WD40" by label

This has been changed some month ago. Filesystems mounted in OMV5 before are mounted by label and after by uuid.

btrfs filesystems are still mounted by label.

https://www.openmediavault.org/?p=2866

• Zitat

This has been changed some month ago. Filesystems mounted in OMV5 before are mounted by label and after by uuid.

btrfs filesystems are still mounted by label.

https://www.openmediavault.org/?p=2866

Okay, then i know why one HDD is mounted "by label".
    The "Label" HDD was mounted as first device and after that i updated OMV to the actual version. ---> So second HDD is mounted by uuid.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!