Rsync throws and error but still works? (auto-resolved)

• I'm having a totally bizarre problem with rsync. I set up two rsync jobs to download some folders from a remote server. One rsync job works (in that I can tell the command to run, it connects, syncs, tells me it's complete) and the other rsync command doesn't (in that I tell it to run and it gives a "failed to execute" error) however, it still downloads the folder on the interval that I set it at. I don't really know what's going on here but I'd love to be able to just ask OMV to run the rsync when I'd like. Any help?

Error #0:

OMV\ExecException: Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C.UTF-8; export SHELL=/bin/sh; sudo --shell --non-interactive -- /var/lib/openmediavault/cron.d/rsync-5c53b71e-4f66-405a-b965-ec6345db6c14 2>&1' with exit code '1': in /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/rsync.inc:263

Stack trace:

#0 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(588): Engined\Rpc\Rsync->Engined\Rpc\{closure}('/tmp/bgstatusy3...', '/tmp/bgoutputr4...')

#1 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/rsync.inc(267): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->execBgProc(Object(Closure))

#2 [internal function]: Engined\Rpc\Rsync->execute(Array, Array)

#3 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(123): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)

#4 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc(86): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('execute', Array, Array)

#5 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(537): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('Rsync', 'execute', Array, Array, 1)

#6 {main}

• HubbleWho

Hat den Titel des Themas von „Rsync throws and error but still works?“ zu „Rsync throws and error but still works? (auto-resolved)“ geändert.
    • Offizieller Beitrag

I've set the directory appropriately. These go into my media folder and I can check by having Jellyfin scan for them.

That's fine, just since you have some mysterious problem there.. pay attention to it. When you have an automatic rsync job and the job doesn't see the target path, it just creates it (on the OS drive), and runs. You'll see this is why a lot of folks end up with full OS drives, etc.

Just wanted you to be mindful of that.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!