Monster 1U Server

• I picked one of these up to have as a spare server in case my current one gets destroyed.

I don't have it yet so I can't comment further.

When it gets here all I am going to do is see if it will boot OMV from USB and verify that all fourteen drive ports work.

The price is right and the seller has a few different RAM size configurations available.

I bought the 8GB RAM one for $162.00US with free shipping, but they are all gone. Here is the link to the 16GB unit:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/13320…c9b8ab:g:4GsAAOSwRtNgvvvN

https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/~eQAAOSwYGtgv-sM/s-l1600.jpg

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• I saw it first on Tech by Matt:

Externer Inhalt www.youtube.com
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.

--

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• This unit arrived today. It looks unused, I couldn't find a spec of dust in it anywhere. Runs OMV fine :)

Only problem so far is the SOL console redirection doesn't work. And I have been unable to find anyone who has it working. It appears to be an outdated Java problem. Getting that working is kind of important.

Flashing the onboard SAS controller to IT mode is also on the todo list.

Stress testing it with stress-ng is fun - you can hear the fans speeding up and slowing down as the load changes.

More as I get into it deeper, but so far a great deal for $162.00 for the 8GB unit.

--

• Offizieller Beitrag

Only problem so far is the SOL console redirection doesn't work. And I have been unable to find anyone who has it working. It appears to be an outdated Java problem. Getting that working is kind of important.

This is unfortunately common in the enterprise world once a manufacturing stops releasing updated firmware. I have the same issue with my AsrockRack board. The way I got around it is by installing an old Ubuntu Desktop (like 10.04 or 12.04) in a VM to use the old version of Java. Sometimes it works, sometimes not.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.6 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• My AsrockRack C2550D4I board is six years old and this function still works. The firmware for it is dated 2017.

The firmware for this board is dated 2014. I did try to get it working with an ancient Firefox portable v12, but no joy.

Thanks for the VM suggestion. I might try it.

--

• Tried both Ubuntu 10.04 and 12.04 in VMs but they are not updateable and I can't install the Java Runtime and browser plugin.

Any other ideas?

--

• Offizieller Beitrag

Tried both Ubuntu 10.04 and 12.04 in VMs but they are not updateable and I can't install the Java Runtime and browser plugin.

Did you change the repos to old-releases.ubuntu.com? They still have back to 4.10 on there.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.6 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

• Can you give me the line in your sources list? Thanks

--

• Offizieller Beitrag

deb http://old-releases.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ lucid main restricted

• Thanks, but I can't get anywhere. I have jre 6 and 7 installed in Ubuntu 14 but Firefox and Iced Tea will not open the jviewer.jnlp file coming off the server.

--

• Actually, for some it is too deep - 32 .5 inches. I'm gonna wall mount it :)

It holds twelve 3.5 inch drives plus one 2.5 inch drive. The MB has 14 drive ports plus two internal on board USBs.

I flashed the onboard SAS controller from IR mode to IT mode.

I wish I could get the SOL console working. I'm not going to spend a ton of money on a remote IPMI box for it.

--

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von gderf ()

• Offizieller Beitrag

I have jre 6 and 7 installed in Ubuntu 14 but Firefox and Iced Tea will not open the jviewer.jnlp file coming off the server.

What message are you getting?

• Do you try to use ancient IE 11 to access, because is really outdated, java normally works fine on it

• Yes, I tried IE 11 on my ancient Windows 7 box that is never used anymore. Throws an error there too.

--

• Offizieller Beitrag

It is usually dependent on the icedtea/java version and not the browser (as long as it is old enough to work with the old version of java). I haven't seen that error before. All I can suggest is keep trying version. I had luck doing this on HP DL380G6 ILO but haven't tried it on much else

• I have given up on trying to get the Java stuff working. But I am making progress on this from another direction.

I run this in a shell on another machine on the LAN and I when I start the OMV machine I get the startup screen and can get into the SAS BIOS and System BIOS !!!!!! The IP is for the IPMI port.

Code
    ipmitool -I lanplus -H 192.168.1.208 -U user -P password sol activate

Then I followed the steps in this post (I did this in the past on m my other OMV box and had no trouble with it):

OMV serial console access [putty | GNU screen ]

I get the grub menu as expected and can choose which kernel to boot, and I get additional output as far as "loading initial ramdisk" and then no more. Not sure where it is going wrong. OMV does fully boot up though. I just have no output in the ipmi session.

EDIT: Solved see below.

--

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von gderf ()

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!