Portainer is starting in generic mode.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Well if I try to deploy the stack I get

This container name is already used by another container running in this environment: portainer.

You can't use that in a stack. You'd have to uninstall Portainer (either delete the container name in Portainer, or use the OMV button to uninstall it). Then use docker-compose to install that one.

• I did put it on the back burner but I am just coming back to it but no joy ;(

I removed portainer from the button I install it with dockercompose CLI

ligne 7 point at my data

- /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-2673986a-ae3f-49c9-bf92-3fe6011743d8/docker/volumes/portainer_data

I ran the stack

but no matter what always land to a generic login page?

• Sorry I come back to this thread after getting some good advice from RE: Nvidia installation #11-12-13 but since it is regarding this topic I am back here

anyway I tried to change the docker location;( from the GUI page /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-2673986a-ae3f-49c9-bf92-3fe6011743d8/docker to an other disk /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-37d059e6-8189-404a-967b-53afec96bf4f because this one is not on my system SSD (need to be elsewhere for OMV6 since it got formatted ) but for me it does not work I was not able to start the portainer docker compose got tons of error;(

so i came back to my original one, I got problem with NVIDIA not working but portainer was working so I modified again the daemon json from

{

"data-root": "/srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-2673986a-ae3f-49c9-bf92-3fe6011743d8/docker"

}

to the one for NVIDIA

Code
    {
      "runtimes": {
        "nvidia": {
          "path": "/usr/bin/nvidia-container-runtime",
          "runtimeArgs": []
        }
      },
      "default-runtime": "nvidia"
    }

but now although my emby see NVIDIA and it is running ok I cannnot open Portainer

Code
    /opt/containers/portainer# docker-compose up -d
    Building with native build. Learn about native build in Compose here: https://docs.docker.com/go/compose-native-build/
    Pulling portainer (portainer/portainer-ce:latest)...
    latest: Pulling from portainer/portainer-ce
    7721cab3d696: Pull complete
    0645e7e2a110: Pull complete
    8f36f6c7596b: Pull complete
    Digest: sha256:af387baba14e0342e40d274c0c894fd333d3cca0d6737a8e1e0d6d9523c87a8a
    Status: Downloaded newer image for portainer/portainer-ce:latest
    Creating portainer ... done

So my question how to move docker to an other disk?

• Offizieller Beitrag

I'm a little confused here as to what exactly you done and why... but moving docker is easy with the mv command...

1. Figure out where docker is currently (all of this needs to be done as root)

Code
    docker info | grep Root

That should show the path where docker is currently located (lets just say it's /var/lib/docker). Figure out where you want to move docker... for the sake of this argument, we'll move it to /srv/123456/docker

2. Stop docker

Code
    systemctl stop docker

3. Move the docker folder (note the path examples I gave above, as I'm going to use them here)

Code
    mv /var/lib/docker /srv/123456/docker

Let it finish

4. Go to the omv webUI and omv-extras/docker

5. Change the path to your new path (ie, /srv/123456/docker)

6. Click save

7. Click Restart.

Let docker start and then verify it is the right path that you wanted...

Code
    docker info | grep Root
  • well this is not working for me do not know why! I followed everything to the letter when I restart docker it is still at the place portainer is down I restart it

docker-compose up -d

but only the stack are there but no container running exept portainer

• You wrote:

Zitat

I tried to change the docker location;( from the GUI page /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-2673986a-ae3f-49c9-bf92-3fe6011743d8/docker to an other disk /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-37d059e6-8189-404a-967b-53afec96bf4f

Did you copy the /var/lib/docker directory or the one you used for docker before?

If you got help in the forum and want to give something back to the project click here (omv) or here (scroll down) (plugins) and write up your solution for others.

• From a previous backup I succeeded until I changed the runtime for NVIDIA driver to work with the the containers and then it came back with docker in

Dir: /var/lib/docker

so how to add the line I removed from docker runtime

"data-root": "/srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-37d059e6-8189-404a-967b-53afec96bf4f/docker"

to

{

"runtimes": {

"nvidia": {

"path": "/usr/bin/nvidia-container-runtime",

"runtimeArgs": []

}

},

"default-runtime": "nvidia"

}

?:?:

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!