I broke portainer

• Offizieller Beitrag

Man I give up, why is this so hard the only thing i know know is

Dead NAS 192.168.0.12 00:E2:69:2B:9B:E6 accordin to ip scanner

and my router has a 192.168.14 static DHCP set

cant get anything working right

Because you're not listening. Stop trying to do this through your router. You would have had this fixed in 5min if you listened rather than doing this how you think you should do it

1. Log into your router, and delete any reservation you have for the server in your router.

Is your server currently online? (check with either ping or omv-update)

• Ok lets start over, I found I had a faulty Ethernet cable so I changed it, now i have access to Omv

cant ping and cant use update, cant use ifconfig I think i need the internet to download tools.

I could change the settings in omv but not sure what they are or what to do.

I can delete the router settings

Thanks for the help

• Offizieller Beitrag

Ok lets start over, I found I had a faulty Ethernet cable so I changed it, now i have access to Omv

cant ping and cant use update, cant use ifconfig I think i need the internet to download tools.

I could change the settings in omv but not sure what they are or what to do.

I can delete the router settings

Thanks for the help

OK.. I like the sound of that. I have to leave in about an hour, but this shouldn't take long.

1. Delete the address reservation in your router

2. Run omv-firstaid and get your server back online. Don't worry about the IP it gets for now. Verify it is up with omv-update or ping or whatever.

3. While in your router, look for something like "subnet mask", since you cant seem to use net-tools (which I still don't understand).. it's probably on your network summary page... Here's mine as a example... (that is a very common subnet, and likely what yours is).

If you can't find that.. Once your server is online install net tools (apt install net-tools) and run the command ifconfig That will list your subnet mask (note you do need to be root or use sudo to run that command).

Report back when you have that info.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I have to start getting ready here...

Once you're online and you have your subnet mask. Again, don't worry about the IP right now) and make sure you have deleted any address reservation in your router.

Click on Network/Interfaces

You should see your network interfaces (you apparently have 2). Choose the one you're connected to, and click Edit

The Method drop down under IPV4 that says DHCP, change that to Static

Then just add your info.. it should look similar to this.

Address... that is the IP of your server. THIS IS WHERE YOU PUT THE IP YOU WANT.

Netmask... change that to your subnet mask you got earlier.

Gateway... this is the address of your router your server is connected to.

Save the settings... it will save, and ten eventually you'll get get a "no response" error from the page.

Open a new tab to your browser IP that you just set, and log in to OMV (note you may need to clear your browser cache for the webUI... hold Control, Shift and hit R on most browsers)

Now SSH in with your proper IP address, and use omv-update or ping to verify you are online.

Once you know you're back online, reinstall portainer.

• Offizieller Beitrag

ok so my router says

Mac Address IP Adresss Subnetmask

00e2692b9be6192.168.000.012255.255.255.000

that's a weird looking ip address, but OK.

Other than that, it looks pretty normal... assuming your server is back online, follow what I just put in the previous post.

• Offizieller Beitrag

No ping and your right weird addresses i think its 192.168.0.12 this works in putty not 192.168.000.012

Does omv-update work now?

I think you're putting the command in wrong somehow, because you're getting command not found.

• Offizieller Beitrag

no same thing no internet

You've done something wrong, unfortunately I'm pressed for time.

Try this... Edit the device again.. scroll down to where it says advanced settings, and try setting your DNS servers to Google's DNS...

Copy/paste that there, save and apply.

Then test omv-update again in SSH

• IP scanner shows 2 IP addresses both mac addresses are the same. One is .12 offline and other is .14 online

I guess its because there is 2 Ethernet ports IDK

In the modem it does not even show up as a client

• Have you tried this?

Open terminal (putty or other) then write:

systemctl status systemd-resolved.service

On the second line you need to verify that the "systemd-resolved.service" is "enabled":

Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/systemd-resolved.service; enabled; vendor preset: enabled)

If not, type:

systemctl enable systemd-resolved.service

Wait a little bit then reboot the whole NAS.

Probably now all works.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!