Updates get stuck on "Updating locale files"

• Whenever I seem to run an update from the update manager it always hangs on "Updating locale files"

This happens every time I update both OMV and the plugins.

I can leave it for hours and the web interface will always just hang on that step. However it does seem that the update has installed (although I'm not 100% sure its updated correctly)

Any suggestions? Thanks!

• I am no expert but you can try to issue these commands:

-run "Apt-Clean" and "Apt-Clean silent" from the OMV-Extras plugin

-run via SSH with root access these commands:

Code
    apt-get update
    apt-get upgrade
    apt-get install -f
    apt-get clean

Then reboot and test if the problem is gone.
    I repeat, I am no expert :D

• Updating locales allways takes some time. However, when its done the close button becomes available.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• Offizieller Beitrag

Just a note... the Apt Clean and Apt Clean Silent buttons in the omv-extras plugin do the same thing :) No need to use both.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Zitat von "ryecoaaron"

Just a note... the Apt Clean and Apt Clean Silent buttons in the omv-extras plugin do the same thing :) No need to use both.

Ok thanks, I wrote that just to be sure... :D

• Zitat von "WastlJ"

David, did you read that he already waited for "hours"? I never had to wait that long...

Have you tried 0rtegas suggestions?

Thanks for your replies, I tried 0rtegas suggestions and after "apt-get upgrade" I got:

Code
    Restarting engine daemon ...                                                                                                                                                                    
    Updating locale files ...                                                                                                                                                                       
    Updating file permissions ...                                                                                                                                                                   
    Errors were encountered while processing:                                                                                                                                                       
     forked-daapd                                                                                                                                                                                   
    E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)

and after "apt-get install -f" I got:

Code
    Starting RSP and DAAP media server: invoke-rc.d: initscript forked-daapd, action "start" failed.                                                                                                
    dpkg: error processing forked-daapd (--configure):                                                                                                                                              
     subprocess installed post-installation script returned error exit status 1                                                                                                                     
    configured to not write apport reports                                                                                                                                                          
     forked-daapd                                                                                                                                                                                   
  • I had the same problem and instead of checking the forums before I made the mistake of rebooting the server (via SSH) and now the webGUI is unavailable... https or not. I already tried using omv-firstaid to reset the webGUI configurations to no avail. I also checked the processes for an apache process: none is running.

All the rest: ssh, ftp, transmission, etc... are working fine.

Any suggestion?

Kind regards,

gaussniwre

• @ jw123:

Code
    apt-get remove --purge openmediavault-forkeddaapd

@ gaussniwre: Try to restart apache2, if an error is shown post it here.

Code
    service apache2 restart

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• Zitat von "davidh2k"

@ jw123:

Code
    apt-get remove --purge openmediavault-forkeddaapd

Greetings
    David

Thanks, I ran the command and got:

Code
    Setting up forked-daapd (0.19-2~omv3) ...                                                                                                                                                       
    Starting RSP and DAAP media server: invoke-rc.d: initscript forked-daapd, action "start" failed.                                                                                                
    dpkg: error processing forked-daapd (--configure):                                                                                                                                              
     subprocess installed post-installation script returned error exit status 1                                                                                                                     
    configured to not write apport reports                                                                                                                                                          
     forked-daapd                                                                                                                                                                                   
  • Hi David! Thanks for the help... indeed apache2 is not running:

Code
    root@gauss:/# service apache2 restart
    Restarting web server: apache2[Tue Mar 18 17:06:27 2014] [warn] NameVirtualHost *:8082 has no VirtualHosts
    [Tue Mar 18 17:06:27 2014] [warn] NameVirtualHost *:8082 has no VirtualHosts
    (98)Address already in use: make_sock: could not bind to address 0.0.0.0:8082
    no listening sockets available, shutting down
    Unable to open logs
    Action 'start' failed.
    The Apache error log may have more information.
     failed!

... but the /var/log/apache2 folder is empty. As you can see opening the logs fails. Although one can see what error is being generated. Also, this is the output of /var/log/daemon.log and /var/log/syslog:

As you can see the system keeps trying to restart the service without success.

Any ideas?

• Offizieller Beitrag

Try

apachectl configtest

It might give you a better error.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

• I got only this:

Code
    root@gauss:/# apachectl configtest
    [Tue Mar 18 20:11:21 2014] [warn] NameVirtualHost *:8082 has no VirtualHosts
    Syntax OK

Seems like a config error... is this in apache.conf?? Where and to what should these virtual hosts be set? I guess it is for the different web services (like the omv webGUI, transmission, etc???)

Regards!

• Offizieller Beitrag

What is the output of:

ls -al /etc/apache2/sites-available/
    ls -al /etc/apache2/sites-enabled/
    cat /etc/apache2/sites-available/openmediavault-webgui
    cat /etc/apache2/ports.conf

• Seems consistent with the webGUI config...

• Offizieller Beitrag

Your regular http port is the same as the ssl https port. Can't do that :)

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!