Raid5 inactive

• Hallo liebe Gemeinde,

mein Raid5 Verbund wird mir nach dem Versuch eine Festplatte mit Sektor-Fehlern gegen eine identische Platte mit gleicher Größe zu tauschen leider nicht mehr in der GUI angezeigt.

Habe mittlerweile wieder die alte Platte eingebaut, aber das Raid taucht weiterhin nicht in der GUI auf.

Die Ausgabe cat /proc/mdstat zeigt mir das ARRAY als inaktiv.

Code
    root@OMV-Server:~# cat /proc/mdstat
    Personalities : [linear] [multipath] [raid0] [raid1] [raid6] [raid5] [raid4] [raid10]
    md127 : inactive sdc[0](S) sda[2](S) sdb[1](S)
          6836902536 blocks super 1.2

unused devices: <none>

blkid

Code
    root@OMV-Server:~# blkid
    /dev/sdc: UUID="6b0160cc-bf87-1a41-1daf-ec308251ff2c" UUID_SUB="afcb1f09-1efc-0996-61f0-395cd8ed6da6" LABEL="NAS:OMVRaid5" TYPE="linux_raid_member"
    /dev/sda: UUID="6b0160cc-bf87-1a41-1daf-ec308251ff2c" UUID_SUB="11690d8c-e1c7-d326-fab0-7e15e8706f9b" LABEL="NAS:OMVRaid5" TYPE="linux_raid_member"
    /dev/sdd1: UUID="4f57119d-4659-4d2f-976f-fa6f4666eb28" TYPE="ext4" PARTUUID="2690a208-01"
    /dev/sdd5: UUID="58916f2d-87f8-4c83-9d9a-7fd51eef5240" TYPE="swap" PARTUUID="2690a208-05"
    /dev/sdd6: UUID="00174f4f-4a72-479f-8c71-81c1b6714f84" TYPE="ext4" PARTUUID="2690a208-06"
    /dev/sdb: UUID="6b0160cc-bf87-1a41-1daf-ec308251ff2c" UUID_SUB="9e63e0ea-53a0-b632-45b5-3934afe2ec6d" LABEL="NAS:OMVRaid5" TYPE="linux_raid_member"

cat /etc/mdadm/mdadm.conf

mdadm --detail --scan --verbose

Code
    root@OMV-Server:~# mdadm --detail --scan --verbose
    INACTIVE-ARRAY /dev/md127 num-devices=3 metadata=1.2 name=NAS:OMVRaid5 UUID=6b0160cc:bf871a41:1dafec30:8251ff2c
       devices=/dev/sda,/dev/sdb,/dev/sdc

Der Versuch das ARRAY mit mdadm –run /dev/md127 zu starten gelingt leider nicht und gibt folgende Fehlermeldung aus.

Code

Code
    root@OMV-Server:~# mdadm –run /dev/md127
    mdadm: An option must be given to set the mode before a second device       (/dev/md127) is listed

Meine Linux Kenntnisse sind sehr beschränkt und ich kann mit dieser Ausgabe leider nichts anfangen.

Wäre über jede Hilfe sehr erfreut.

Beste Grüße Donno

• Hi geaves ,

unfortunately I get the following error message.

mdadm --assemble --force --verbose /dev/md127 /dev/sd[abc]

Code
    root@OMV-Server:~# mdadm --assemble --force --verbose /dev/md127 /dev/sd[abc]
    mdadm: looking for devices for /dev/md127
    mdadm: Cannot assemble mbr metadata on /dev/sda
    mdadm: /dev/sda has no superblock - assembly aborted

mdadm --stop /dev/md127

Code
    root@OMV-Server:~# mdadm --stop /dev/md127
    mdadm: error opening /dev/md127: No such file or directory

Best regards Donno

• Hi geaves ,

sorry my mistake, the right command for my hardware had to be.

mdadm --assemble --force --verbose /dev/md127 /dev/sd[bcd]

sdd is one of the two Harddisk i want to replace.

• Code
    Personalities : [linear] [multipath] [raid0] [raid1] [raid6] [raid5] [raid4] [raid10]
    md127 : active (auto-read-only) raid5 sdc[1] sdb[2]
    3906766848 blocks super 1.2 level 5, 512k chunk, algorithm 2 [3/2] [_UU]

unused devices: <none>
    • Offizieller Beitrag

OK / dev / sdc and dev / sdb, mdadm has removed the other, if you know what drive, shutdown, remove it and install the new drive, restart the server.

Storage -> Disks select the new drive and click wipe on the menu, wait for it to complete, then;

Raid Management -> select the raid and click Recover on the menu, a dialog should appear with the new drive, select it and click OK, the raid should rebuild.

Do nothing until it's completed, you should see the raid rebuilding.

The next post will explain how to replace a drive.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Mdadm raid is not hot swap, so pulling a drive from your machine and adding a new one does not work, the raid will go inactive.

If the above works then to replace the other drive complete the following;

Raid Management -> select the array, on the menu click delete, from the dialog select the drive you want to remove, click OK, this will fail and remove the drive from the array.

Then follow the post above to replace the drive.

This could still go horribly wrong during the rebuild as you have another drive that could be failing, if the rebuild fails and you have no backup then your data is gone.

• After replacing the drive , the Array is gone again.

Should i send the following comands again?

mdadm --stop /dev/md127

mdadm --assemble --force --verbose /dev/md127 /dev/sd[bcd]

• Mdadm raid is not hot swap, so pulling a drive from your machine and adding a new one does not work, the raid will go inactive.

If the above works then to replace the other drive complete the following;

Raid Management -> select the array, on the menu click delete, from the dialog select the drive you want to remove, click OK, this will fail and remove the drive from the array.

Thats the way i have done this.

• Raid is rebuilding now.

cat /proc/mdstat

Code
    md127 : active raid5 sdc[3] sdd[2] sdb[1]
          3906766848 blocks super 1.2 level 5, 512k chunk, algorithm 2 [3/2] [_UU]
          [>....................]  recovery =  0.3% (7048524/1953383424) finish=272.3min speed=119118K/sec

mdadm --detail /dev/md127

• Don't know what happened there either, but I proceeded exactly as you described it.

Yesterday night I started the rebuild and at the morning the Raid was gone.

Hope this Time i have more luck.

Thanks for your patience.

Will report tomorrow the current state.

Best regards Donno

• The Array is active and clean.

Thanks geaves for your help and patience.

Now i will replace the next disk like you described in Post#9 and Post#8

Best regards

Donno

• After rescync the Array is clean and active, but with new UUID.

Existing Shares and previous UUID

Is it possible to change/edit the new UUID to the old and use the existing Shares?

New UUID

If so what is the correct way to do this?

Best Regards

Donno

• Offizieller Beitrag

After rescync the Array is clean and active, but with new UUID

Interesting never expected that

Is it possible to change/edit the new UUID to the old and use the existing Shares

Don't think it is possible to change it, I'll tag macom he might have a suggestion, the only option I can think of is to use the symlink plugin

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!