new installation of OMV v5 (v4 already installed) - ask your advice

• Hello,

I am currently using OMV v.4 and would like to upgrade to v.5. More specifically, I would like to avoid the "upgrading" route and reinstall v5 cleanly from scratch.

I have downloaded the current iso and already ported to a stick.

But now I have a quick question about it:

Can I now simply install the v5 from the USB stick and it is automatically deleted the old installation v4 without residue? Quasi like the installation routine of MS WIN !

I do not want to have duplicate files on my system that may interfere with each other and ruin the new installation.

best regards

• Offizieller Beitrag

Can I now simply install the v5 from the USB stick and it is automatically deleted the old installation v4 without residue?

Yes. The ISO will use the complete disk to make the install. Nothing of OMV4 will remain.

Make screenshots of the GUI of OMV4 so that you know what you have configured. You can also make a copy of config.xml for reference.

• Yes. The ISO will use the complete disk to make the install. Nothing of OMV4 will remain.

Make screenshots of the GUI of OMV4 so that you know what you have configured. You can also make a copy of config.xml for reference.

thank you very much for your quick reply.

one more quick question:

how can I disconnect/eject the data storage (3x 1TB hard drives) from OMV?

Do I delete the individual drives before?

I want to remove the data storage from OMV before the installation and then also disconnect the cable connections to the hard drives. So that also nothing happens to my data.

(I do not use raid or anything else).

• Offizieller Beitrag

Shut down the server. Remove power and data cable from the data drives. After the installation, shut down the server, connect the power and data cable again and reboot. OMV should detect the drives. Mount the filesystem and create shared folders pointing at the existing folders on the drives. For this use the small folder symbol.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!