Can I change the mount path used by OVM

• Hi all,

I am a Raspberry PI and OVM newbie with some basic Linux skills.

I apologise if the following has been answered - I did google and search this forum but no luck...

I had previously installed OVM v5 on my Pi4 running buster - but I messed up the system when trying to upgrade to bullseye.

So, I started from scratch again and I successfully installed OVM v on my Pi v4 running bullseye minimal install.

However, one thing I note in the Storage->Shared Folders section is the absolute path for my shares is something like:

/srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-1b116cc1-5a33-4900-80c7-d01abcd9ff/Public

/srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-1b116cc1-5d44-4900-80c7-d01abcd9ff/Private

etc..

On my previous OVM5 / Buster install - the paths where more like

/mnt/media/Public

/mnt/media/Private

Which could have been because I think I had manually mounted the SSD as /mnt/media before I installed OVM5

I tried mounting /dev/sda as /mnt/media again - but it wont let me...

So, other than creating symbolic links - is there anyway of changing the mount name to something short than dev-disk-by-uuid-1b116cc1-5a33-4900-80c7-d01abcd9ff ?

Or I am being silly - as there is no benefit to the above and I should just stick to using symlinks?

Thanks in advance for any help and Seasons Greetings to all!

• Offizieller Beitrag

On my previous OVM5 / Buster install - the paths where more like

/mnt/media/Public

/mnt/media/Private

Are you sure? The mountpoint used to be /media/dev-disk-by-lable-xxxx. Then it became /srv/dev-disk-by-lable-xxx and now /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-xxx (not for btrfs which is still by-label).

So if you had mountpoints like /mnt/media you probably did not use those filesystems with OMV.

You could change /srv to another folder by editing an environmental variable, but you cannot change by-uuid.

Or I am being silly - as there is no benefit to the above and I should just stick to using symlinks?

Yes and yes ;)

• Just want to say - if you are part of the OMV team - thanks for such a great product.

Apart from a few minor issues with accessing the Private folder from Windows - all has been great.

I managed to resolve the above issues by applying ACL and that seems to have fixed it...

Particularly like the new OMV6 interface....

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!