A Beautiful Theme For OMV 5.x

• Hi, I created a theme for OMV 5.x.

This theme mainly changes the style of the header and left menu and some elements.

You can download from: GitHub

(I have only tested it on OMV 5.x. OMV 4.x may also work, but needs to be tested.)

Preview

• chente

Hat das Thema freigeschaltet.
  • How can we change this blue color?

Edit this file: /var/www/openmediavault/css/defaults.scss

CSS: defaults.scss
    $omv-color-more-lighter: #B9DFF8;
    $omv-color-lighter: #85C3EC;
    $omv-color-default: #5DACDF;
    $omv-color-darker: #3B95CF;
    $omv-color-more-darker: #1B7BBA;

Change the value of "$omv-color-default" to what you like

Finally execute commind "make" in path "/var/www/openmediavault/css/"

;)

• Offizieller Beitrag

You guys are arranging the deck chairs on the Titanic. I have half a dozen custom css skins for OMV5 and I love them, but OMV5 is spinning down to EOL in the not too distant future.

Somebody start working on custom skins for OMV6. :)

System Backup Typo alert: Under the Linux section the command should be sudo umount /dev/sda1 NOT sudo unmount /dev/sda1

Backup Data Disk to Backup Disk on Same Machine: In a Scheduled Job:rsync -av --delete /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-f8814ed9-9a5c-4e1c-8830-426968c20ea3/ /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-e67439d5-00a3-4942-bd5f-b84ab86aa850/ Don't forget trailing slashes, and BE CAREFUL. (HT: Getting Started with OMV5)

Equipment - Thinkserver TS140, NanoPi M4 (v.1), Odroid XU4 (Using DietPi): PiHole

• Offizieller Beitrag

Oh, I don’t know - six months. Maybe a year. OMV6 will turn stable in a few months and then after a little while OMV5 will cease to be maintained. There’s no timetable, but that is how we went from OMV4 to OMV5.

I’m not saying don’t mess with custom css for OMV5. It’s a free country. (Or it use to be. I forgot about COVID.) I would just like to see some activity with OMV6. Much of this custom css started with OMV4 (maybe before?), but OMV6 is so different under the hood that nothing for OMV5 will even begin to work on OMV6. I really like the concept of cosmetic customization of some sort to be able to readily distinguish between my main server, backup server, and test servers.

• Unfortunately the angular framework does not lend itself to css customisations unless votdev puts some extra effort in separating the sccs from the code (loosing some of the options of css isolation provided by the framework).

If you got help in the forum and want to give something back to the project click here (omv) or here (scroll down) (plugins) and write up your solution for others.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Zoki you are absolutely right. I’ve already dug into it a bit. OMV6 is a totally different animal.

System Backup Typo alert: Under the Linux section the command should be sudo umount /dev/sda1 NOT sudo unmount /dev/sda1

Backup Data Disk to Backup Disk on Same Machine: In a Scheduled Job:rsync -av --delete /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-f8814ed9-9a5c-4e1c-8830-426968c20ea3/ /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-e67439d5-00a3-4942-bd5f-b84ab86aa850/ Don't forget trailing slashes, and BE CAREFUL. (HT: Getting Started with OMV5)

Equipment - Thinkserver TS140, NanoPi M4 (v.1), Odroid XU4 (Using DietPi): PiHole

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!