I'm trying to put together the best practices when coming new to OMV6 from other NAS programs.
In short I will synchronize data from another machine to this OMV6
I hopethe experienced users will led their light shine upon this and help other beginners like me .
I have 6 drives in total, 2 of them will serve as parity drives
- install plugin openmediavault-omvextrasorg 6.0.5
- install plugin openmediavault-mergerfs 6.0.14
- install plugin openmediavault-snapraid 6.0.3
- install plugin openmediavault-sharerootfs 6.0-2
- storage/disks wipe all drives
- Storage/filesystem create filesystem like /dev/sda1 --> /dev/sdf1
- Storage/MergerFS create name for this pool and choose the disks that span this pool /dev/sda--/dev/sdd
- Storage/Shared Folders Make a shared folder and use the name of the pool as filesystem
- enable rsync
- Services/Rsync/Server/Module uses name of spanned pool create a name for rsync module
- Services/Snapraid/Drives create per found drive a name like /dev/sda --> disk1 ,/dev/sd2 --> disk2, /dev/sde --> parity /dev/sdf --parity1
What to be done when disk is filled upon the point where rsync fails. How to redistribute the data.
There some other important settings which I don't fully understand.
Which policy do I best use in following situation:
Original pool has 12TB data and needs to get into OMV6-pool I want to keep directory structure the original.
I want to fill each drive till 90%
What is the purpose of the fstab option?
So what did I do wrong, or can be done better..
Kind regards and a happy new year to you all..