NUT plugin OMV5

• How do you reset information as to the battery (such as battery install date) in an APC direct attached UPS. And can you substitute/install the apcupsd software (including apctest) and still have it show up as part of the OMV5 dashboard under the services tab?

• I do not know where the battery install date is stored or even if that is stored.

I run apcupsd on OMV. I also run apcupsd on my router where the UPS is plugged into.

apcupsd does not show up in the OMV dashboard or services tab.

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• How do you reset information as to the battery (such as battery install date) in an APC direct attached UPS. And can you substitute/install the apcupsd software (including apctest) and still have it show up as part of the OMV5 dashboard under the services tab?

You can't set the data inside the UPS with nut, afaik and you can not have both apcupsd and nut on the same linux, as the maintainer marked them as conflicting.

To set the battery date to the UPS connect it to a windows machine and use parachute. It is a one time operation.

nut can listen to apcupsd on the network, so if you really need the ups info in the web ui of omv use some other device to connect the ups to (assuming it is a usb connected device).

If you got help in the forum and want to give something back to the project click here (omv) or here (scroll down) (plugins) and write up your solution for others.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!