Raspberry Pi 2022-04-04 with Imager 1.72 broken?

• I've had quite a frustrating day trying to do a fresh install of Raspberry Pi OS 2022-04-04 using Imager 1.72 from the official site at https://www.raspberrypi.com. With the new release, the Pi user is being abandoned, and users are required to create a default user on first boot. This is for security reasons to comply with a contemplated requirement under new legislation expected, according to a post on the Raspberry Pi web site.. Ok, I usually try to rename the Pi user anyway, so no big deal. RPiOS installs just fine, and I set up SSH as well as did the Update/Upgrade via CLI. I also created an additional user with ADM and SUDO permissions. Logging in with the additional user credentials, I tried running the script to install OMV and OMV Extras from the OMV Extras web site with the sudo command. The script dumped out with an error that the script had to be run as root or sudo. ???? Ok, I logged out and logged back in as the default user that was set up in lieu of Pi. I still used sudo as I ran the script again, but with the same dump out error. I'm a newbie, and not very proficient with OMV, but I had done a fresh install about 3-4 months ago without any problem. I used the ARM64-bit lite image of Bullseye BTW, first from Imager downloading it as it wrote it to microSD (A fresh SanDisk Ultra 16G card formatted with SD Formatter and checked with h2testw1_04 as per the New Guide), then as a custom install from a manually downloaded file (checked with MD5 using SHA256) Any clues if I'm doing something wrong, or is it a possible error in RPiOS 2022-04-04 or maybe the script being coded for the now non-existant pi user? I'll try tomorrow with the RPiOS 2022-01-28 version and see if I don't have better results. Anyone else having problems? I've gone through the installation step-by-step with the instructions in the on-line version of the New Guide about 4 times today, all ending with the same results. ?(

• KM0201

Hat das Thema freigeschaltet.
    • Offizieller Beitrag

Welcome to OMV.

When posting, it is helpful to post the command you ran and the output you got including the prompt at the end. For this please use the code box </> of the forum.

Did you run the command like this, i.e. with two sudo?

Code
    sudo wget -O - https://github.com/OpenMediaVault-Plugin-Developers/installScript/raw/master/install | sudo bash

If this does not work, you can try to become root with su or su - and run the command without "sudo"

• Offizieller Beitrag

maybe the script being coded for the now non-existant pi user?

No, it doesn't care if the pi user exists. The script works on all platforms and is not just for the RPi.

omv 7.4.8-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.14 | compose 7.2.5 | k8s 7.3.1-1 | cputemp 7.0.2 | mergerfs 7.0.5 | scripts 7.0.9

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Welcome to OMV.

When posting, it is helpful to post the command you ran and the output you got including the prompt at the end. For this please use the code box </> of the forum.

Did you run the command like this, i.e. with two sudo?

Code
    sudo wget -O - https://github.com/OpenMediaVault-Plugin-Developers/installScript/raw/master/install | sudo bash

If this does not work, you can try to become root with su or su - and run the command without "sudo"

I'll run it again via SSH and see if I can copy the code to give you a better idea of what I'm getting. I'm pretty sure I used the sudo twice, as I just copied and pasted the command from the web site, adding sudo at the beginning. I'll go try it again right now and get back to you shortly.

• No, it doesn't care if the pi user exists. The script works on all platforms and is not just for the RPi.

Thanks! I'm a newbie, but the script has always worked for me in the past. The reason I mentioned that was because of some complaints on the Raspberry Pi forum about some scripts not working. I'll post the code it gives me shortly and see if any of that makes any sense for you. It doesn't to ME. <sigh>

• Mea Culpa! Evidently I wasn't holding my mouth right yesterday or something, but today the script runs as intended! I was using the instructions from the wiki at https://wiki.omv-extras.org/do…talling_omv6_raspberry_pi both yesterday and today and doing a copy and paste of the OMV extras script. I had shutdown and rebooted both the Raspberry Pi 4 and my desktop multiple times after any changes, but simply no joy yesterday after four tries. First shot today it's up and running, so I don't know what to say. Gremlins? ^^

• macom

Hat das Label gelöst hinzugefügt.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!