omv6 and nvidia gpu

• This is from gderf and it did work for me otherwise you can still use the regular kernel

Code
    sudo apt remove apparmor apparmor-utils auditd
    echo 'GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="$GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT apparmor=0"' \  | sudo tee /etc/default/grub.d/apparmor.cfg
    sudo update-grub
    sudo reboot

You can go back by selecting the third line and the first icon on the left

I say thee NAY! Did not work.

Weirdness obscura. Ah well.

• Just in case

About apparmor an other thead docker not working since omv-upgrade

• Followed this tutorial here: https://www.linuxcapable.com/i…nvidia-drivers-on-debian/

Removed all the existing drivers and used 2nd Method: Install Nvidia Drivers - Nvidia Repository

The installation size is huge, it will take time. once done, restarted and installed nvidia-docker and made changes in daemon.json and config.toml. All good and got 535.104.12 version installed, patched the driver and transcoding works fine in Plex and JF.

Just leaving it here for anyone in need...

• I will try it, I just find it ironic how ALL I DID WAS DELETE KERNEL.. Reboot in Rescue Mode, install default kernel, Re-Install EXACT KERNEL THAT NVIDIA WORKED ON.. And now it does not work. I remove ALL known nvidia stuff, and do the same exact commands I have done in the past, and only installed listed files, and it worked. I will try your example, but something is different...And it ain't right.

• This method fetches Nvidia updates similar to other apps.

running 'apt list --upgradable' can see the latest nvidia driver (545.23) ready for install and nvidia-smi shows the current version (545.104) installed.

• Has anyone updated OMV to latest? Last time I updated OMV it broke Nvidia drivers so bad and I'm hesitant to run any updates these days. I have the below list from 'apt list --upgradable' command

• Nvidia-smi is showing, that the driver is installed and working.

Have you had the latest version of OMV 6 bevor you upgraded to ?

And did the video transcode before the upgrade or is it another video ? Your „old“ GTX 1050 doesn‘t support many codecs….

And you could check, if OMV 7 is offering an update of the nvidia-driver, as debian 12 supports nvidia 5.xxx driver versions.

• I started from a fresh install of OMV 6 and the GPU did show up in my embyserver under transcoding and just last night when I checking on on things with my emby server I went to transcoding and I didn't see my GPU listed there.

• I started from a fresh install of OMV 6 and the GPU did show up in my embyserver under transcoding and just last night when I checking on on things with my emby server I went to transcoding and I didn't see my GPU listed there.

Question is if the „fresh install“ already has docker compose. That’s why I‘m asking if you upgraded from the latest OMV6 version

• OMV6 wants to install a bunch of nvidia package updates today. I recall this breaks any custom installation of nvidia hardware accelerated drivers. Is there a list of packages we need to keep back?

I can not confirm, that the update is breaking earlier installations, as long as you have installed the drivers from the debian repository.

• chris_kmn Your instructions to install Nvidia drivers on OMV 6 still installs 450+ version drivers? I mean, the latest supported Nvidia drivers on Debian 11 is still 450+ version?
    I followed some other instructions and I got the latest drivers installed. However, my entire server restarts randomly when someone tries to transcode on Plex playback. It is very random. I'm suspecting it to be the driver's incompatibility.
    So, I tried to purge the existing ones completely and followed your instructions but still latest drivers (v550) got installed. Am I missing to remove some setting or some config that pulls the latest drivers again? Any help would be much appreciated.

If it is required, this is the link i followed to install drivers.

Note:

OMV 6 baremetal on Ryzen 3600 + Nvidia 1660 Ti

Running Debian 11 (Bullseye)

Kernel: 6.1.0-0.deb11.13-amd64

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!