OMV6 is Unable to sleep/standby

• Hi,

I am unable to set the system to sleep/standby.

The action does not have any effect.

Logs from syslog:

My fstab:

I am using the flashmemory plugin as I did on OMV5. On such OS (same hardware) I was able to set the system to sleep. What has changed now?

OMV BUILD - MY NAS KILLER - OMV 6.x + omvextrasorg (updated automatically every week)

NAS Specs: Core i3-8300 - ASRock H370M-ITX/ac - 16GB RAM - Sandisk Ultra Flair 32GB (OMV), 256GB NVME SSD (Docker Apps), 2x16TB HDDs w/ SnapRAID - Fractal Design Node 304 - Be quiet! Pure Power 11 350W

My all-in-one SnapRAID script!

• Hi I am referring to the system standby/sleep, not to disks spindown. The latter can be accomplished with hd-idle, I wrote a guide on this forum.

OMV BUILD - MY NAS KILLER - OMV 6.x + omvextrasorg (updated automatically every week)

NAS Specs: Core i3-8300 - ASRock H370M-ITX/ac - 16GB RAM - Sandisk Ultra Flair 32GB (OMV), 256GB NVME SSD (Docker Apps), 2x16TB HDDs w/ SnapRAID - Fractal Design Node 304 - Be quiet! Pure Power 11 350W

• auanasgheps

Hat das Label gelöst hinzugefügt.
  • extended the swap partition.

I'm curious regarding this issue and solution.

What was the original size of swap partition?

Was RAM size changed after installation?

Maybe a check should be added to UI given the results in issue https://github.com/openmediavault/openmediavault/issues/66

omv 6.9.6-2 (Shaitan) on RPi CM4/4GB with 64bit Kernel 6.1.21-v8+

2x 6TB 3.5'' HDDs (CMR) formatted with ext4 via 2port PCIe SATA card with ASM1061R chipset providing hardware supported RAID1

omv 6.9.3-1 (Shaitan) on RPi4/4GB with 32bit Kernel 5.10.63 and WittyPi 3 V2 RTC HAT

2x 3TB 3.5'' HDDs (CMR) formatted with ext4 in Icy Box IB-RD3662-C31 / hardware supported RAID1

For Read/Write performance of SMB shares hosted on this hardware see forum here

• I have installed OMV6 on a USB stick, as I did for OMV5. (specs in my signature)

However the install didn't go very smoothly - issue here - but I don't know if It had a direct impact.

The original size of the swap was very little, just under 1 GB.

The RAM was not changed after the install. I always had 8 GB RAM installed on this setup.

The previous OMV5 install had the correct size swap partition, but I can't remember if I did something to it since it was installed on February 2020.

By the way, if the RAM content has to be copied to the swap partition, do you know why the sleep process is so fast?

My system on average uses 2.5 to 3 GB RAM and the sleep process takes literally a handful of seconds, but my USB stick isn't that fast. How is this possible? I'm not complaining, I just don't understand how is accomplished.

• install didn't go very smoothly

do you remember the kernel version that got installed? the linked picture would let me assume a 5.14 kernel (but only indirectly).

LTS kernels considered good are 5.10 and 5.15

the kernel version is visible in dashboard/system information or by CLI uname -a

omv 6.9.6-2 (Shaitan) on RPi CM4/4GB with 64bit Kernel 6.1.21-v8+

2x 6TB 3.5'' HDDs (CMR) formatted with ext4 via 2port PCIe SATA card with ASM1061R chipset providing hardware supported RAID1

omv 6.9.3-1 (Shaitan) on RPi4/4GB with 32bit Kernel 5.10.63 and WittyPi 3 V2 RTC HAT

2x 3TB 3.5'' HDDs (CMR) formatted with ext4 in Icy Box IB-RD3662-C31 / hardware supported RAID1

For Read/Write performance of SMB shares hosted on this hardware see forum here

• do you remember the kernel version that got installed? the linked picture would let me assume a 5.14 kernel (but only indirectly).

LTS kernels considered good are 5.10 and 5.15

the kernel version is visible in dashboard/system information or by CLI uname -a

Indeed, I think 5.14 was installed.

After the install I ran the command omv-upgrade so I'm running the latest and greatest 5.16.

By the way I have discovered the root cause of this issue: the OMV GUI has moved from systemctl suspend to systemctl hybernate. I will create a new thread to discuss this.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!