FileBrowser plugin: Not reachable at port 3670 although running and accessing share with supposedly sufficient privileges

• Reproduction

1. Install FileBrowser plugin (openmediavault-filebrowser)
    2. Prepare share for use with FileBrowser.
      • I used a share called "Compose" deemed well suited for first testing.
      • a) Very minimal, only holds a few files: My docker compose files.
      • b) Check that privileges are as FileBrowser needs them.
        • That is user "filebrowser" or group "users" (ID 1000).
        • Storage > Shared Folders > share "compose" has:
          • Privileges: None defined. Because it only lists my custom made users and groups.
          • Access Control List: User "filebrowser" has Read/Write permissions.
      • I hope this setup is correct.
    3. Configure FileBrowser plugin
      • Go to: Menu > Services > Filebrowser
        • Port: 3670 (default)
        • Certificate: None (default)
        • Shared folder: I choose the share "Compose" with the sufficient permissions as described above.
        • Enabled set to ON.
        • Click SAVE.
        • Click APPLY in the follow up dialogs.
    4. Check plugin status:
      • Dashboard shows "File Browser" as running (green lights).
    5. Attempt to access FileBrowser
      • Go to http://<YourHostOrIP>:3670
      • ❌ No response in Safari.
      • ❌ No response in Google Chrome.

Further Attemps

• ℹ️ Tried starting/stopping several times.
    • ℹ️ Tried with different shares.
    • ℹ️ Did a OMV system reboot.
    • ℹ️ Uninstalled openmediavault-filebrowser, shut down my only other docker container "plex" to totally isolate it, reinstalled openmediavault-filebrowser, started it while no other docker container running. Nothing.
    • ❌ All attempts unsuccessful.

Investigation / Debugging

Environment

• openmediavault-filebrowser 6.0.1-1
    • openmediavault 6.0.31-2 (Shaitan)
    • Kernel Linux 5.4.199-odroidxu4
    • Installed on top of Armbian for odroidxu4
    • Hardware: Odroid Home Cloud 2 (32bit AMD)

Odroid HC2 - Armbian 24 Bookworm - OMV7

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von porg ()

• Offizieller Beitrag

I recently read in a thread that a server restart fixed this. I had the same problem and it worked for me. It looks like it's a conflict between Podman and Docker networks.

• Also a complete uninstallation and reinstallation did not help:

• 22:13 Uninstalling openmediavault-filebrowser
    • 22:18 Powering down "plex" container (my only other running container, my layman attempt to isolate any networking/port conflicts)
    • 22:19 Reinstalling openmediavault-filebrowser
    • 22:20 Done. Dialog closes. Entire UI refreshes.
    • 22:21 Setting up FileBrowser again
    • 22:23 Attempting to connect

• I could not resolve this.

But I found a better practical solution anyhow.

• I simply used the convenient GUI FTP browser Cyberduck which also has SFTP support.
    • Then simply connected as root to myhost.local. This effectively uses SSH. No FTP service needs to run on your OMV NAS.
    • You can then copy around at free will (between USB-mounted HDD and internal NAS HDD), between any paths, which must not be a share per se (as necessary when exposing it via e.g. SMB.
    • All the move/rename/copy/delete operations happen server-side.
    • It's very fast by network speed.
    • And very fast by operation. A GUI beats CLI when it comes to renaming and moving a lot of individual elements around.

• Solution that worked for me: (i previously had docker/portainer installed, and removed these)

It seemed there were some firewall rules still present in IPTables, so to clear them:

• As mentioned I anyhow found another solution which satisfies my needs.

But nice that you debugged this and shared your learnings! Hope it helps some users!

• I have two installs of OMV on the great Argon EON NAS enclosures and RasPi 4, 8Gig - they work very well!

On both NAS I have installed File Browser through the Plugins feature/menu choice. Both are openmediavault-filebrowser 6.0.7-1 and the arm64 version.

On one NAS I can click on the 'Open UI' tab and I am taken to the File browser web GUI and can log in and work away - great ! love it!

On the other NAS I go though the same process and click on the 'Open UI' tab and the browser opens up a new page but I get the message "This site can’t be reached" and I do not get the login page to enter the File Browser credentials.

I have:-

• uninstalled File Browser and rebooted.
    • Reinstalled File Browser and rebooted, enabled and configured. No change - can't get to the login page.
    • change the port number to 3671 and rebooted - No change still unable to get to the file browser login page.....

I guess I am missing something but cannot find it. The NAS is working fine and I can get to all shares with Windows File Explorer.

Any Clues?

Thanks

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von skywizard () aus folgendem Grund: Update:- I have 'done good!' Now both instances of File Browser on two separate Argon EON / RasPi4 8GIG / OMV / 4xSSDs cannot get to the File Browser web GUI and I have absolutely no idea why the second one stopped working or why the other one would not work in the first instance after install (and it seems that in 2.2k views no one else has any ideas - oh well....)

• I have 'done good!'

Now both instances of File Browser on two separate Argon EON / RasPi4 8GIG / OMV / 4xSSDs cannot get to the File Browser web GUI and I have absolutely no idea why the second one stopped working or why the other one would not work in the first instance after install (and it seems that in 2.2k views no one else has any ideas - oh well....)

• Uninstall Docker Engine

1. Uninstall the Docker Engine, CLI, containerd, and Docker Compose packages:
      Code
      $ sudo apt-get purge docker-ce docker-ce-cli containerd.io docker-buildx-plugin docker-compose-plugin docker-ce-rootless-extras
    2. Images, containers, volumes, or custom configuration files on your host aren't automatically removed. To delete all images, containers, and volumes:
      Code
      $ sudo rm -rf /var/lib/docker
      $ sudo rm -rf /var/lib/containerd
  • OK, with the hint above I have now restored the file browser functionality.

I did not follow the instructions above. What worked for me was to delete all the containers/files in Compose, then uninstalled Compose and I was then able to access File Browser.

It is a bit of a PITA to now have to recreate the Compose files/containers.... Such is life.

Nope! I just reinstalled Compose and that broke File Browser again!

Yep - I have done it a couple of times - I uninstall Composer and File Browser works. I reinstall Composer and File Browser does not work. I will try the suggestions above.

• Same here i would love to use both on my machine, but for the moment docker wins.

Simple stop of docker service is not enough to have access to port 3670. This indicates some configuration issue.

I followed votdevs hint and added --iptables=false on the commandline of docker.service.

nano /lib/systemd/system/docker.service

systemctl daemon-reload

systemctl restart docker.service

reboot

After this reboot access to all docker containers and to file browser port was possible.

Unfortunately this endangers dockers security concept and could not be the final solution.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!