Automatic OMV updates

• Offizieller Beitrag

I'm looking for a way to set up automatic updates on one of my servers.

I have thought to create a daily scheduled task with omv-upgrade and another weekly task with reboot (in case there is a kernel update).

Any reason not to do this or a better way to do it?

• Offizieller Beitrag

Any reason not to do this or a better way to do it?

install unattended-upgrades. This will do things the proper way and only reboot when needed.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.6 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Offizieller Beitrag

install unattended-upgrades. This will do things the proper way and only reboot when needed.

Reading the debian documentation I couldn't tell if the OMV packages will be updated. Will they?

https://wiki.debian.org/UnattendedUpgrades#:~:text=The%20purpose%20of%20unattended%2Dupgrades,send%20you%20emails%20about%20updates.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Will they?

If you add the omv and omv-extras repos to the repos in /etc/apt/apt.conf.d/50unattended-upgrades in the Unattended-Upgrade::Allowed-Origins section, it will.

• chente

Hat das Label gelöst hinzugefügt.
  • If you add the omv and omv-extras repos to the repos in /etc/apt/apt.conf.d/50unattended-upgrades in the Unattended-Upgrade::Allowed-Origins section, it will.

What should the syntax be there? I tried the following (see line 12):

But I only got a notification e-mail; the upgrades weren't applied automatically:

So I assume the syntax in line 12 is wrong?

• Offizieller Beitrag

This thread is old. You can read in this other thread how to do it.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I don't have unattend-upgrades configured but it would probably look something like:

• I don't have unattend-upgrades configured but it would probably look something like:

I suppose it's not 100 % this, since I got this email:

Too bad I can't deduct which line caused the error. I'll comment them all out, but one, and see where that takes us. :)

• Offizieller Beitrag

Would unattended-upgrades still serve a purpose then? For Debian updates?

The linked post actually does better upgrades in my opinion. unattended-upgrades would still be good for automatically rebooting.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.6 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!