Librephotos install

• Did any one tried to inslall Librephotos? https://github.com/LibrePhotos/librephotos

they provide a "step by step" install guide ... that I could not understand .. for noob it a lot more complicated to male sens of it than regular docker compose instruction

• Thank you ! and now for for future noob:

A proper step by step Using Portainer :

Once in portainer

Go to Stack on the left panel

> click + add stack on the right
    >Chose name ex: librephoto
    > chose box git repository , in repository url enter https://github.com/LibrePhotos/librephotos-docker > click + load .env file
    > upload a file conatining the code found here https://github.com/LibrePhotos…blob/main/librephotos.env ( !! carefull the link contain html you have to create a env file your self containing the code found on the link)

Click deploy stack...

Wait...

open your browser at your omw ip port :3000

Done (well almost need to configure the folder access) and redeploy

• have to figure out how to pass on drive location folder access,
    in there step by step buy they say I should do something like changing teh bracket for the location

Code
    sudo docker run -v <photos>:/var/lib/librephotos/photos/ -v <thumbnails>:/var/lib/librephotos/data/protected_media -v <logs>:/var/log/librephotos/ 

I'm looking of a way to do that in portainer.. not in cli
    • Offizieller Beitrag

This is from the docker-compose

Code
    backend:
        image: reallibrephotos/librephotos:${tag}
        container_name: backend
        restart: unless-stopped
        volumes:
          - ${scanDirectory}:/data
          - ${data}/protected_media:/protected_media
          - ${data}/logs:/logs
          - ${data}/cache:/root/.cache

So you can set the path on the server for "protected_media" with the environmental variable "data" in the .env file.

Or just exchange

Code
    - ${data}/protected_media:/protected_medi

by something like

Code
    - /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-xxxx-yyyy-wwwww/potected-media:/protected_media

Not sure if you used the docker-compose file, but if you didn't you can just past it in the stack in portainer.

• I edited the env file

Note that the protected media folder you mention is not your media location it's where the soft create thumbnails.

the media folder is the "/data" one .. a bit confusing imo as usualy data refer to the place you store bits and bolts like thumbnails..

Any how, I got it working partially .. I can't create album, I bet It might be a "right" issue.. not sure which

• just wanna thank you for the guide or else I cant understand it at all

However the data used for container took 3GB! be careful if you use metered connection

edit* need some input. I change the scan dir on my portainer to something like this /srv/mergerfs/all/misc/testlibre and nothing happens when I click scan. the librephoto docs have very limited info though

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!