rsync with (old) WD MyCloud

• Hi,

i installed OMV 6 and now I want so secure my Data from my old WD MyCloud with rsync. After searching with google I found a manual for it. But I cant use it, because i cant set the settings on WD MyCloud they show in the manual. My Cloud is no more rechable over the Internet, because of security risks. WD disabled it. Now I try to contact the Cloud on different ways and no chance up to now to connect directly to MyCoud with OMV. With Internetexplorer I can see everything on MyCloud and use it normal. So I hope this would be usable for rsync, but I dont know what I have to type in for parameters.

MyCloud is reachable over LAN on 192.168.0.3

For exaplme a user is named: aneliese

For "aneliese" i need a PW to connect. So i tryed to type in under source server: aneliese@192.168.0.2

As a result this is the message of my try:

Please wait, syncing <aneliese@192.168.0.2> to </srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-194b4242-33b4-40ec-ab85-0b0c8893d4c1/Aneliese/> ...

sending incremental file list
    rsync: [sender] link_stat "/aneliese@192.168.0.2" failed: No such file or directory (2)

sent 19 bytes received 12 bytes 62.00 bytes/sec
    total size is 0 speedup is 0.00 (DRY RUN)
    rsync error: some files/attrs were not transferred (see previous errors) (code 23) at main.c(1333) [sender=3.2.3]
    ERROR: The synchronisation failed.

END OF LINE

The Problem seems to be a missing files / directory. And yes, directory on 192.168.0.2 is "aneliese". But how can i set the directory. If i type "aneliese@192.168.0.2/aneliese" in source i get the same errormessage.

What can I do?

Ciao

Hellbringer

• Offizieller Beitrag

With Internetexplorer I can see everything on MyCloud

So you are able to connect via smb. Correct?

So install the remote mount plugin and create a share pointing to the MyCloud

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!