Suddenly getting permissions errors in MariaDB

• I am running mariadb in portainer so that I can have all of my Kodi devices share a database. I've been doing this for years without a problem.

Last week my kodi devices stopped working - whenever there was any kind of access to the library the app would crash. In my experience this is often the result of an issue with the shared db so I checked there first. Sure enough, I could not access it via an SQL viewer. I then went to portainer and saw this error:

Code
     -1 }">2022-08-27 15:27:11+00:00 [Note] [Entrypoint]: Entrypoint script for MariaDB Server 1:10.6.5+maria~focal started.
     -1 }">2022-08-27 15:27:11+00:00 [Note] [Entrypoint]: Switching to dedicated user 'mysql'
     -1 }">error: exec: "/usr/local/bin/docker-entrypoint.sh": stat /usr/local/bin/docker-entrypoint.sh: permission denied
     -1 }">2022-08-27 15:27:17+00:00 [Note] [Entrypoint]: Entrypoint script for MariaDB Server 1:10.6.5+maria~focal started.
     -1 }">2022-08-27 15:27:17+00:00 [Note] [Entrypoint]: Switching to dedicated user 'mysql'
     -1 }">error: exec: "/usr/local/bin/docker-entrypoint.sh": stat /usr/local/bin/docker-entrypoint.sh: permission denied
     -1 }">2022-08-27 15:27:23+00:00 [Note] [Entrypoint]: Entrypoint script for MariaDB Server 1:10.6.5+maria~focal started.
     -1 }">2022-08-27 15:27:23+00:00 [Note] [Entrypoint]: Switching to dedicated user 'mysql'

From what I've read online this isn't necessarily specific to mariadb as it is often a docker issue. I saw some threads instructing me to uninstall and reinstall docker. I did this in the OMV UI and it didn't seem to help. Other people have recommended various commands be run - I am a little nervous to run them. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

• I don't know if this is related or not but I also noticed that my mumble chat service is also no longer working. All of my other containers seem to be fine - SABNzbd, Radarr, Sonarr, etc, as I can access them via their port number in the browser and they are functioning correctly.

• Offizieller Beitrag

My answer is not going to help you with your problem, I don't know how to solve it, sorry.

But an alternative way and that will not give you errors to synchronize kodi databases is to use Jellyfin as an addon within kodi.

https://jellyfin.org/docs/general/clients/kodi.html

You will get the same result, synchronized database, with less headaches. I don't know if this could apply in your case and you will probably have to rescan your database the first time. As an added bonus it will allow you to use your server's GPU (if present) to transcode video and run kodi on RPI3 and watch HEVC seamlessly.

• My answer is not going to help you with your problem, I don't know how to solve it, sorry.

But an alternative way and that will not give you errors to synchronize kodi databases is to use Jellyfin as an addon within kodi.

https://jellyfin.org/docs/general/clients/kodi.html

You will get the same result, synchronized database, with less headaches. I don't know if this could apply in your case and you will probably have to rescan your database the first time. As an added bonus it will allow you to use your server's GPU (if present) to transcode video and run kodi on RPI3 and watch HEVC seamlessly.

Thank you so much for taking the time to post. It is kind of ironic that you posted what you did because I had been considering dropping the shared database idea to go with something else. I actually only need the watched state. I have been using trakt for a long time for my ratings but one of the downsides to Trakt is that - to the best of my understanding - if you turn on sync it will try to sync the current status of the libraries on both ends. I generally delete a movie once I have finished watching it so I would only want it to send the watch status to trakt and NOT sync the libraries.

As for the rest of the functionality - it looks fairly redundant with Plex (which I use when streaming externally) so I don't think I would need it. Would it be overkill for just syncing watch status between devices?

• Offizieller Beitrag

it looks fairly redundant with Plex (which I use when streaming externally)

Since you are already using Plex, why not use the Plex addon on Kodi? It should solve the problem for you in the same way, I suppose, without the need to sync the databases of each kodi client independently.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!